23 April 2014

Spring gradient with a twist

Hey all,


The last part of my Born Pretty Store reviews for this month. It took me a while to get around to this. Not for lack of trying but for lack of success in producing a manicure I could actually show ye. I was sent a pack of 3 small sponges to do some gradients / nail art with. I personally love the way gradients look but like a lot of things I'm no good at actually doing them on my own nails.  I think this was a pretty successful run even with the huge smudge on my pinky finger. I can't even remember how it happened but I know I wasn't best pleased with it at the time :P


For the gradient I started with 3 coats of Boots 17 Sweet Kisses which is my all time favourite shade of pink. The formula isn't amazing and it can take a while to dry but I adore the colour so I put up with it. Then using the sponge from Born Pretty I added on Barry M Berry ice cream to the bottom half of my nails. I then marked off the nail using striping tape and added on Barry m Rasperry. This was to ensure the gradient would be noticeable (the colours are very light so it was a bit hard to see the gradient). Then just for the sake of it I put on a little stud in the middle of each nail. I topped it all off with a topcoat and that's all there is to it!

For a pack of 3 sponges on Born Pretty you'd normally pay $1.99 but they are offer at the moment for $0.99 so it's a pretty good deal!



Cuti-CLUE-les

1 comment:

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les