Twinsie Tuesday- Inspired by someone in your family

Hey all,

**As ye may know the GFC box has been removed from the blog. It no longer works so if ye want to keep up with new posts make sure ye follow on Bloglovin' link here **

Today's post was a toughie, I didn't want to leave anyone out :P  One of the main things that all of my family taught me was the importance of reading. I loved reading when I was young and they kept it going all these years. It's a lovely thing to have although I know a lot of people don't get the attraction. To be able to lose yourself in a book is just the best way to relax (although if I get too into it I would spend all night reading it until I'm finished) So for this manicure I went for a book design. My family bought me this book so it means a lot to me.


I finished Cecelia Ahern "How to Fall in love" the last day so I decided to recreate the cover for this theme. I love how simple it is and the gold just looks stunning. It was definitely one of her better books. The ending was good (a bad ending ruins a book for me) and it had a nice number of twists and turns. It's a great easy read if ye are looking for something that doesn't require a lot of thinking or guess work. 


I kept the design a bit simple. I used Sinful Colors Endless Blue for the base ( 2 coats although it is a bit thick) and the gold is Catrice GoldFinger. I added on the Hard Candy matte-ly in love matte topcoat to finish it all off. I think the matte look suits it. The birds stand out far better. That's all there is to this weeks theme. The links to the other twinsies are down below is ye want to check out their manicures for this week.



Amanda at Amandalandish
Amber at Nails Like Lace
Chelsea at Nailed Blog
Elizabeth at Did My Nails
Kelly at Tuxarina
Marisa at Polish Obsession
Rachel at Top Coat It
Stephanie at A Little Polish
Traci at DrinkCitra

 Cuti-CLUE-les

34 comments:

  1. Love that blue! I'll have to check this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love this idea--and what a pretty design too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love book covers, they can be far better than "real" paintings but they don't get half as much credit!

      Delete
  3. This is so cute! Book covers are such great places to look for inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) They are the best place to start when you are stuck :D

      Delete
  4. Beautiful representation of your family. I'm going to look you up on goodreads.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll send you the link! I love Goodreads :D

      Delete
  5. This is great! I love your inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like that you combined two inspirations to come up with your design! It turned out really nice.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is truly a beautiful inspiration and manicure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amanda! Books can hold so many memories so I hoard them like there's no tomorrow :P

      Delete
  8. Aw, I love this week's theme :) So sweet.
    And you didn't disappoint - of course you went for a book cover! :) Love it! I didn't read this book yet (am meaning too), but already love the cover and your take on it, though I'd choose a wee bit more purple-ish polish - but I see there are different covers out there ... ooh, a gradient perhaps? :)
    Anyway, it's really lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I always get so confused when I search for a book and find at least 10 different versions. It's crazy! I Some have terrible covers so I have to double check each order so I get the right one :P

      Delete
  9. This cover makes a gorgeous mani! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the theme!! I go in spurts where I love reading, and then I don't pick up a book for months! Cute look :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Stephanie! Oh I know what you mean. It can be so easy to fall out of love with them and stop reading for ages!

      Delete
  11. I love the idea of being inspired by your family as a whole and what theyve taught you. just love it!!!! such a great manicure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm very lucky to have something so portable that reminds me of them everyday :)

      Delete
  12. Aww this is beautiful! I love that you used this for your inspiration :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. Replies
    1. Awh thanks Anne! I'm really thrilled that so many people like it!

      Delete
  14. I think these turned out awesome! They are so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amber! I really appreciate that :)

      Delete
  15. This is such a wonderful source of inspiration and you captured it beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Tiffany :) It's the one design I really did not want to mess up :P

      Delete
  16. I love your take on the prompt! And this mani is fantastic!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les