07 May 2013

Barry M Bonanza

Hey all,


Barry M sent over the new Nail art pens the last day so I tried them out over the weekend to see how they would fair out. So far they have four colours available - Black, White, Silver and Pink. Each pen contains 3ml of product and I believe they cost around €7.50 in Boots. Barry M are a cruelty-free brand.


I started off with a base of Essence Toffee to go (2 coats) I then drew the little boxes using the black nail art pen. I filled them in with the silver pen. I coloured in the outside with the pink pen before adding on the dots with the white pen. Fairly straight forward :)


 I found the black pen kind of dragged a bit when used over the nail polish. The white and the pink and the most consistent in my opinion. Very opaque and the colours are really nice. The black is also opaque but it stopped working while I was doing the puzzle design (up tomorrow) and I can't get it working as of yet. The silver is grand. It takes a bit of back and forth for the product to come out and it is not as opaque as the rest. All four dried incredibly quickly so these are great if you want to update your manicure, hide chips or just do some quick doodles on your nails. I've only had them a few days so I can't comment on whether they dry out or not.

If I was in the UK where they sell for £5 I'd probably pick them up the white and the pink. I think €7.50 is too expensive for me personally.


I also recieved the liquid eyebrow marker in dark brown. This is the only shade available at the moment but I'm sure they'll release more in the upcoming months. The marker is so easy to use. The pointed nib makes fine lines a doddle. It's a shade too dark for my own brows so O have swatches below on my hand. I tried it on my eyebrows and it looked mental.


You can see how easy it is to get varying widths depending on how you like to fill your eyebrows in. It does not come off easily so you'll gt hours of wear without a doubt. I had to tackle the swatches with a baby wipe. It was incredibly stubborn!  The brow pen costs around €7 from Boots.


Finally I have swatches of their latest shade release in the Ultra moisturizing lip paint range. This is 163 in Little Vixen and it is gorgeous. It has a matte finish (which I love) and it does provide some moisture but I'd still use a lipbalm underneath just to be on the safe side, especially if you have really dry lips like I get from time to time.




 I didn't notice any bleeding into fine lines but I will use a lip pencil with this just in case. I purse my lips all the time so it's bound to move around. I love the colour though. It is so vibrant without being garnish. I'm not a red lipstick lover but this one really does it for me.

Each lip paint costs around €7 from Boots.


Cuti-CLUE-les

**Products were provided for review**




12 comments:

  1. Really liking the look of the brow pen, even that shade would be perfect, wanna pick up the white nail pen too.... Great review x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your work with the nail pens!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up the white nail pen recently but haven't used it yet so thanks for the review! that lip colour is lovely too! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No bother at all :) The white one is awful handy. x

      Delete
  4. Great review. I really want the nail art pens in the pink and silver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These pens seem so cool. I like the design.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amazing nail art! Nice photos :-) I've been looking for nail art pens like that.

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les