08 March 2013

Sold out forever

Hey all,


I'm digging the whole Spring feel at the moment. Normally I'm not a fan but this year I have changed completely! Naturally enough it's dark, drizzly and generally yucky outside. At least my nails were spring appropriate. So what is it? Well I'm sure most people recognise it from the picture above but this is Catrice Sold out Forever (The original version) Apparently it's a dupe for Chanel Jade (no idea if that's true. I'm not fussed either way in fairness)


Catrice Sold out Forever is a gorgeous spring green. It's not evident in the pictures but Sold out Forever is packed with a gorgeous green shimmer. It's so pretty! I have on 3 coats. It's a bit thin but it is from the old range so I wasn't to fussed by that.  I can see why there is so much hype around this polish. Definitely a keeper.


How pretty is that? Definitely one of the best spring polishes I own. Unfortunately my Seche Vite topcoat has gone gloopy and it destroyed my manicure. It looked disgusting for the whole week but I really like the look of Sold out Forever so I kept it on. Seche killed the shimmer too so now I hate Seche.

Catrice is a cruelty-free brand. Sold out forever is discontinued but was part of the old range which cost €2.79 for 10ml but the price has now increased to €2.99.

Have ye got any good recommendations for a quick drying (but good!) topcoat?

Cuti-CLUE-les

12 comments:

  1. I have the Butter London Hardwear Quick dry top coat, and I haven't had any issues with it. I also have a topcoat from Sally's (The Beauty Secrets brand) that doesn't say it's quick-dry, but I've never had to wait very long for it. That one is more reasonably priced, and it never chips, gets goopey, or flakes off like some top coats tend to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think we have a Sally's but I'll look into the Butter London topcoat. Thanks for the recommendation.

      Delete
  2. Ah, gorgeous spring colour! Shame the TC killed all that shimmer.
    I much prefer darker greens, but I'm actually starting to warm up to this one..just so lovely!

    As for top coat, I hear girls are really impressed with Essence's "better than gel nails" TC. I wouldn't know, though, I'm still using Seche & Essie's "good to go", but I'll definitely be buying it as my next TC.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to be a dark green fanatic but I've definitely started to love the lighter colours. I think the better than gel nails topcoat has been discontinued

      Delete
  3. That's a lovely colour, shame it got ruined by gloopy Seche!

    At the moment I'm tying to use up some old topcoats, so I'm using one coat of NYC Grand Central Station and then one coat of Essence Better Than Gel Nails. The combo does take a little longer to dry, but not much, and I find the glossy finish is very similar to Seche Vite.
    I did hear about BTGN being discontinued, but the last time I was in Penneys, it looked like they had some type of Better Than Gel Nails topcoat, so you may still be able to find a bottle or two around

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Our pennys got rid of it :( Ended up buying the other gel topcoat they have and it takes a fair while to dry but it is really glossy. Thanks for your comment though!

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous polish! Too bad it's not available anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so into greens right now! Sad that this *is* actually sold out forever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As much as I like the new colours coming in, the constant stream of discontinued polish is annoying me to no end :(

      Delete
  6. First I thought the name was funny... but, but, but...
    No, Seche Vite is my favourite. I've used about half of my first bottle, and now it's too thick. I have heard that it's possible to add "Seche Vite Restore" and then it's as good as new. I haven't been able to find it (except on eBay), so I haven't had the chance to try it yet. So I don't know if it's better than regular nail polish thinner. I thought Robin Moses used "Dazzle Dry", but now when I checked, I saw that she uses "PRO-FINISH UV topcoat". I've also heard good things about "Out the Door", and that "Posché" should be good for glitter and nail art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think the name is a bit of a tease now :P
      Oh I haven't tried Poshe or out the door. I'll have to start looking for them!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les