11 March 2013

Holographic at its best

 Hey all,


GOSH holographic is probably one of the most sought after polishes today. Even though GOSH have brought out a new version, word on the street is it's not on par with the original. I managed to find a single bottle of GOSH Holographic for €1 a while back. We've had very dull weather in  Ireland lately so it's never the right time to wear a holographic but I threw it on anyway.


I have on a coat of Essence Nail art protecting basecoat. Over that I put on 3-4 coats of GOSH holographic. Some nails needed a little bit of a touch up compared to others. I would suggest painting your nails in dull lighting so the holographic effect isn't showing up. This ensures the polish covers the whole nail which can be hidden by holographic effect. There is nothing worse than noticing a patch or three during the day.


This is pretty much how GOSH holographic looks in normal lighting. The holographic effect is actually a bit too strong in the picture above. It looks like a plain silver. Not very exciting.




Thankfully when you do have some decent lighting the holographic effect more than makes up for this. It is incredibly strong and looks absolutely stunning. It is well worth sitting through 4 coats as it does dry quickly. Seche vite kills the effect though so steer clear of it! I copped it on after doing one nail which I was able to fix by adding on another coat of GOSH holographic.


I had GOSH holographic on for 4 days. It looked pretty good by the end too. I have very minimal chipping on the tips, which actually looked like tipwear so it wasn't a problem. I am thrilled to finally have this polish in my collection.

Cuti-CLUE-les





30 comments:

  1. How gorgeous! I need to get my hands on this! I am obsessed with halos!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't believe it took me so long to get in on this trend. They are stunning in the sun

      Delete
  2. That photographs beautifully! It looks absolutely stunning on. Can't believe you picked it up for one euro! Serious bargain there!

    Great photos too!! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I think the polish goddesses were looking down on me that day :P Shame the feckers haven't bothered with me since ;)

      Delete
  3. I wonder if a thinner top coat will still kill the effect? Love the look how well it wears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it depends on the brand, but you could be right!

      Delete
  4. Wow!!! I super love this nail color. I so love the color and holographic effect. They def look elegant and classy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree with you. It's really eye catching x

      Delete
  5. I love this polish! The holographic effect is so strong :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. In the shade it nothing special but when the light comes the magic begins... I love it!

    I follow You ;)
    Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It really is beautiful in the light

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Color Club have the best ones (the new version of this is supposed to be crap) Definitely check them out!

      Delete
  8. That's a lucky find! It looks great too. Do you have the new version to compare, just wondered how you thought they matched up?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't got the new one but from comparison in the shop and online the new one looks a fair bit weaker. Definitely not worth the price tag.

      Delete
  9. You can't go wrong with a bit of holo! This does look a little more intense than the newer formula, plus the wear time sounds much better too x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is. I've heard a lot about the new one and none of it was positive xx

      Delete
  10. I LOVE this nail polish so much! Well done on getting good photos of it too!! I did find that putting a top coat on made mine really dull too so it's weird to put a polish on and not a top coat, but well worth it for the pretty effect!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! I took well over 300 just to make sure :P I know I felt so delicate without a topcoat. It really bothered me haha xx

      Delete
  11. I have the old one and is so cool :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. It looks really pretty! I wish I had found a top coat that worked with holos too. But 4 days without top coat isn't bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all :) I know I would feel so much better with a topcoat :P

      Delete
  13. Ooh this is lovely! I had heard it was hard to come by alright but ill be keeping a look out after seeing this! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is worth keeping an eye out for. The shop I found it in doesn't even sell GOSH!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les