24 November 2012

Genius in a bottle

Hey all,

Another Chanel Peridot dupe. I know everyone is sick of them by now. I'm not actually a huge fan of the chanel polish but Catrice Genius in a bottle really caught my eye. I thought this would really pop on the nail after seeing a heap of swatches.

Catrice Genius in a bottle is a gold polish that flashes green and copper in certain lights. I tend to steer clear of duo-chromes to be fair. They don't generally appeal to me but I kept seeing swatches of this and in the end I just said feck it and bought it. I thought this would be great as more of a sophisticated manicure for all those important meetings I attend..... ok I don't really have that many but I wanted the polish a lot and I was having a bad day :P
Catrice are €2.79 for a 10ml bottle. Genius in a bottle has the new wider brush which is fairly easy to work with to be honest. I really like it but then again I'm fairly used to it by now. It would be a bit awkward for those with really thin nails but I have hands like a shovel. You'd almost need a paint brush for my thumbs alone.
 Honestly this polish didn't do it for me. It looked so flat on the nail even after a coat of Seche Vite. All of those swatches showing it with a gorgeous gold finish are so misleading. fair enough it may look like that in a light box or in Spain where they actually get to see the sun. In Ireland it is a completely different story. By Thursday I was bored senseless with it and had to add on some glitter to liven it up.
I have on two coats and that covered the nail really well for me. Application was perfect and it lasted a week without chipping. I'm not giving up completely with this polish. I'll have to wear it again to get a proper feel for it but so far I am not a fan and I really don't see the hype about it.

Do you have a favourite gold polish?

Cuti-CLUE-les

10 comments:

  1. Ik not too fond About This one either. I've got it in may, swatched it and somehow I never wore it again ;)
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I'll be doing the same to be honest. I'm glad I got a week of wear out of it but I might use it for water marbles and nail art in the future :P

      Delete
  2. Haha, I'm also pro wide brushes, my hands feels like shovels too. ;) I've got the OPI's dupe and CG's dupe for peridot, and that's enough for me. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think you're right! It's an ok polish but you honestly don't need 12 different versions of it :P 1 or 2 will do the job

      Delete
  3. Yeah I avoided duochromes for as long as I could but now I love them all ;). I got this one too and liked it and then decided I didn't need anymore : ) It still looks really pretty on you though :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Yeh I think it's one that is either going to be sold or used for nail art. I really don't care for it all that much :(

      Delete
  4. This would totally be it... I just love the Peridot dupes. I have the China Glaze. Truly genius in a bottle, as far as I'm concerned, lol. ;) I could look at swatches of these all day long! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha well I am delighted you like it!!

      Delete
  5. I got sent this in a nail swap! I have still to try it out!! looks lovely i think :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I checked out too many swatches taken using the perfect lighting etc. They got my hopes up far too much :(

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les