03 October 2012

What a tart!

Hey all!

i could have sworn that I posted this already but I can't find it in my previous post list so I'm popping it up now! I bought Smitten Polish Strawberry tart way back when I picked up Mint chip and fire and blood. I wanted this polish for ages so I was delighted to finally get it, even though I'm not really a fan of pink polish.

Strawberry tart is a mixture of blue, red and pink glitter set in a pink base. Application was fairly straightforward. I didn't have a problem getting any of the glitter out which is great! I hate having to fish around to get a decent mix of coloured glitter.
Index finger 4 coats
Middle finger 3 coats
Ring finger 2 coats
Pinky finger 1 coat

On it's own strawberry tart needs 3-4 coats for full opacity. It depends on the length of your nails and how opaque you like it to be! I prefer full coverage and 3 seemed pretty perfect to me on my nail length.

I decided to layer it over Nails inc Warwick avenue. I think it really popped with a base colour underneath. I prefer strawberry tart layered just for a more intense pink. The glitter works well with the polish and you end up with a really nice manicure that I want to recreate every time I see the swatches.
Here I only have 1 coat of Smitten polish Strawberry tart over 3 coats of Nails inc Warwick Avenue.
Again, I'm not a pink fan but I really love polish! So happy to have it in my stash now :)


Smitten polish retails for $9 for 15ml which is brilliant! International shipping is fairly decent too so I'd highly recommend a look at the Etsy shop when it reopens. Noelie announces each opening on her blog beforehand. Fun fact: My bottle came without a label. I think Customs stole it....

14 comments:

  1. My bottle of Smitten's Bluebird came without a label! Interestingly enough, I ordered 2 Bluebirds (one for a friend), and one had a label and the other didn't. I took the one without because I could see the polish sparkle. xP

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is so unusual! I like having the labels though :P

      Delete
  2. This is so gorgeous! I have really been loving the polishes I am seeing of this brand, I need to add them to my "to try" list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I highly recommend them! I love the ones I have :)

      Delete
  3. Such a sweet and charming polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is really sweet!:)
    X

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gah so pretty you always have the best nails!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is really pretty but I am a sucker for pink polish!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm only really getting into pinks now! i'm very picky with them :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les