24 October 2012

Tainted love

Hey all,

Barry M retro purple has the same metallic like finish as the retro pink polish HERE. Again it was part of the Retro release to celebrate Barry M's 30th birthday. It's not a polish I would gravitate too but CeeCee  aka NurseFancyPants asked for a swatch so I said I might as well give it a go :)

 The only way I could get it to show up properly was at night so excuse the lobster hands. The colour is spot on though! Retro purple is known as Tainted love on the website. I wish they would have printed these names on thee bottle. They are far more fun than just "purple" or a number.  Either way this is actually a gorgeous purple. I hate purple polish ( I know I have a fair few) because it never looks right on me.  I honestly buy them after looking at swatches and I am always disappointed with the way it looks on me.
During the day this actually looks quite nice on but at night it just sparkles and looks stunning! I think the metallic-esque finish catches the light beautifully. The pictures show is perfectly. A great polish for wearing out at night especially for a special occasion  It's a very classy polish. I have to admit I do prefer the pink polish. I like the fact that they all seem to have the same finish  and the bottles are quiet nice. Great idea to use a retro bottle to celebrate their birthday! Plus these bottles are far easier to get a hold of for pictures than their usual ones :P That's obviously why they decided to use them ;)

 Formula was pretty great on Tainted love. It was thin but not watery. You can easily get it opaque in 2 coats. I would recommend giving it ample time to dry in-between coats. I have a streak on one finger where I loaded the polish on a bit too soon after the first coat. Not noticeable unless you have it up really close though so it's not a problem. I would really recommend a topcoat with this though! I was cleaning up the side of one nail with my fingernail (as you do) and it chipped a little without much force at all. It reminds me a lot of Catrice Heavy Metalilac. They are not dupes but they have the same kind of finish and look to them. Again if you like purple then I really think you will love this. I got a few compliments on this even though I only had it on for about 3 hours (Stupid thing kept coming up blue in my pictures!)


 Price wise these are so affordable! You can't buy them in the shops but they are available on the Barry M website. Each bottle costs £1.99 for 10ml which is brilliant, especially for the quality of these polishes.

Is there one colour you refuse to wear on your nails?

Cuti-CLUE-les 


\




10 comments:

  1. I am so jealous of your ladies across the pond! I wish I could get my hands on some Barry M polishes without paying out the wazoo for shipping!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I know the shipping cost is ridiculous :( I hope you get a hold of some soon though

      Delete
  2. Tainted Love is so pretty!! I have trouble with some purples too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay purple! I'm not really a fan of this metallic finish (I much prefer cremes), but this is such a gorgeous colour!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not really a purple polish fan and would never think of picking this one up, but actually seeing it swatched I really like it x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does change your mind to see it on the nail.

      Delete
  5. I love purple so much and this one is gorgeous !!! And good job with capturing the color! Purple is so freaking hard to photograph =)) And yes there is a color I refuse to wear on my nails (as a full mani) - yellow! :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah thanks :) yeh purple is an absolute nightmare! Ooohh yellow is a brutal polish :/

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les