05 October 2012

She's a frozen queeeeeen.......

Hey all!

Another old style Essence polish for ye today. This is Frozen queen and it's  a sheer foil type polish. I picked this up on a whim ages ago. I don't own many silver polishes and I think they really come in handy around Christmas time so I threw it in the basket and went on my merry way to the till. I'm not sure if this is discontinued actually. Even if it is it seems you can still pick them up in most places. It's not the most unique polish in the world  but it's still pretty and for a very good price! The old Essence polishes cost €1.29 for 5ml. I prefer these to the new ones thjat have taken over and I know I am not alone in this! The price increase has not helped either.
Application on frozen queen was grand but it was a bit sheer for my liking. This is three coats and you can still see my nail line. It was as obvious in real life but still. I have visible nail line! it completely ruins the look of a manicure for me. I think I could get away with Frozen Queen at 3 coats though. Brushstrokes aren't a major problem here and you can get a nice clean finish with ease. Frozen Queen works well with my skin-tone too which is always a bonus :P You can see a few bubbles in the pictures but that's because I was rushing to take the pictures while the sun was still out.  I'd say this would make a great base for nail art too!


Although I don't wear it too often I like this polish. I think I'll get more use out of it now that my nails are far shorter.

Cuti-CLUE-les


8 comments:

  1. Pretty pearly color! The name caught my attention, though, lol. I was up at, like, 3am the other night with Killer Queen stuck in my head. There are worse things, lol. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it is such a catchy song. I love queen!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. It's really pretty. Subtle but pretty :)

      Delete
  3. Oooo i really like this! very pretty!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les