09 October 2012

(new)York, (new)York!!

Hey all!

I have  a fair few swatches stashed aside from reviews so I think it's time to start popping them up now and again so I can post my weekly manicure the week I wear it instead of 3 months later :P Nails inc York Street was used as a base for Smitten Polish Aquarius when I swatched that back in July!

I'm not a big fan of the Nails inc formula. I think for such an dear brand the formula should be spot on. It's not. It's crap.  I do have a soft spot for their colours though but I'd sooner buy them in Tk maxx where you can get them for half nothing. Nails inc York Street is a mini that came out as part of the iconic mini's collection. That is actually quite a cute collection. I love the polishes that are in it but I probably wouldn't buy them full size.  Sure the mini will last ages anyway. Now this collection is no longer available on the nails inc website but you might be able to pick one up on ebay or amazon or some place like that. The colours are fairly standard anyway so don't lose any sleep if you can't find this exact one.

The formula on this wasn't too bad but I knew I would be covering it with another polish so I didn't mind hte odd streak. Even with that in mind York street need at least 2 coats and possibly 3 on some troublesome nails. Even looking at it now if I was to wear this on its own I would need a forth coat for sure. the brush is a bit crap on the mini bottles. It took me a fair few strokes to paint my nails (yes they are long but still! it was awful annoying) I really like the colour though. It's a gorgeous light blue creme. It's a lot like Barry m blueberry but not as bright. I like it. I don't love it but it's a nice colour and I'd wear it. I'd probably putting a nice glitter topper on it though :P

It's so strange to see my nails so long. It feels like I've had them short for years! It's easier to keep them short although I miss them being long :(  anyway I have to go and actually do some real work and more importantly pick out a nail polish to wear this week! Quiet the arduous task. I find myself trying to pick one in my mind before I go to sleep now. It's getting serious haha.

Are ye fans of the Nails inc brand?

Cuti-CLUE-les




12 comments:

  1. I love the colour. I can never justify paying full price for them. Thank god for TK Maxx. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love blue!! It's always my favorite color on nails! I love this! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too :D I prefer darker blues but it's always good to have a nice light one in the stash :P

      Delete
  3. What a lovely blue, i actually only own one Nails Inc polish im much more of a Models Own fan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I own a few but they all came from magazines or as gifts :P
      I only own 2 models own! quite pricey

      Delete
  4. I like nails inc polishes they are very pigmented. They also have amazing colours like the one your are swatching today :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do like a few of their colours. I wish they were a bit cheaper. The ones I have aren't very pigmented though :/

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les