08 October 2012

High ho, high ho it's off to work we go.....

Hey all!

There is no such thing as a happy Monday but I hope ye all have a good day ! I wore this polish for three days last week. I would have kept it on longer but I had a really important presentation on Monday so I ended up picking at it and it looked rough by Wednesday :P

 Essence Grumpy came out a few months ago as part of the snow White limited edition collection. It was one of the best collections by any brand this year! It was such a great theme and the polishes  are just adorable.  I love blue so Grumpy was obviously going to be a hit with me but I didn't think I would love it this much. It's such a fantastic royal blue. I had planned on putting Prince charming, a glitter topper, on top of this but I was advised against it by several people so I kept it the way it was.  Probably for the best in fairness! It is such a a stunning polish. In the right lighting Grumpy is almost neon blue. I got a load of compliments on it which has not happened in ages. I'm really glad I have pale skin when I wear really rich colours like this. They pop so much and really stand out in a crowd.
I'm sure there are plenty of dupes out there BUT this is the first time I have personally come across a polish like Grumpy so it's pretty unique to me.  I think it looks especially good on short nails because it is so rich. I don't think it would look as striking on my old long nails. That's just my opinion though :D I could be awfully wrong but sure that's nothing new ;)

 The formula on grumpy was really nice. It went on smoothly. I only needed 2 coats for full coverage. It was glossy on its own but I topped it off with Seche vite just to stop it from chipping and looking dull after a few days.
As this was released before the big essence change it has the same old brush and bottle. I like the both the new and old brush but I hate the new bottle so I haven't bought any of them yet. The polish was so easy to control and I didn't really have any clean up to do. It didn't stain my nails either which is pretty great! No smurf hands! It's the perfect royal blue creme in my eyes :) essence did a great job with this one.

The little essence snow white bottles cost €1.79 for 5ml because they were limited edition. Well worth it to be honest! Grumpy is fairly amazing. If you can't get your hands on it don't be worrying because I'm so sure you can find a dupe out there! Give it a google and I'm sure something will pop up for ya.

Have ye got a favourite royal blue polish?

Cuti-CLUE-les

14 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful blue! It's so weird seeing you write about Monday because it's still Sunday evening here! :) I love following blogs from all over the world!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh no way? I wish it was still Sunday :P At least my week only has four more days left before the weekend haha.

      Delete
  2. This is a gorgeous blue! Wish these were available in the US!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I think this collection should have been made permanent! It was brilliant

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. It's amazing! Really eye-catching :)

      Delete
  4. This one and the wheel collection was amazing!
    Im so sad This LImited edition didnt Come to Holland!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I know the feeling! We rarely get the good ones here so I was awful shocked that we got this!

      Delete
  5. This is so gorgeous! And I just realized that I don't own one single blue creme... I have around 40 blue polishes but not one of them is a creme =))) So now, I regret not buying this one :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha this was my first proper blue creme! I really need more now. They make your nails look so striking

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. It's so amazing on the nail. I'm seriously thinking of picking up Nails inc Baker street because of this.

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les