14 August 2012

WingDustCollections Black Black review

Hey all!

This week started off in such a nice way. I hope it continues on this way! So today I have the first of 5 polishes I have for review from the Indie brand WingDustCollections. Overall I am really in love with the polishes I have from this set. I never know where to start with these so I'll do them in order of how I swatched them :P


Black black is pink/magenta shimmer that is packed full of multi-coloured glitter of all shapes including some black hearts. It's a bit darker on the nail in real life but the pictures are fairly accurate :)
I have a love-hate relationship with Black Black. I think the colour is absolutely stunning. Really delicate and pretty in real life. It's not something I would normally pick but it is a gorgeous colour. I hate the glitter. It just ruins the polish for me . Someone asked me if the black heart on my pinky finger was a bruise!

Index finger 4 coats
Middle finger 3 coats
Ring finger 2 coats
Pinky finger 1 coat

3-4 coats gave good coverage and a decent amount of glitter. I'd prefer small glitter instead. I think it would suit the delicate look of the polish but each to their own :D

Application was ok. The formula was a bit watery but you can work with it fairly easy. You do need to shake the bottle a bit to get the glitter to the top.

Overall it's not for me. Love the colour but the glitter just takes away from it. Below is 4 coats of Black Black on its own.



You can find WingDustCollections on Etsy and Facebook. I believe each polish goes for $9.

Are you a fan of Black Black?

Cuti-CLUE-les

**Polish was provided for review**

6 comments:

  1. I felt the same pretty much although I think I like it a bit more layered. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way the colour builds up! it's so pretty.

      Delete
  2. Pretty polish but like you I prefer smaller glitter :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it'd make it so much easier to work with x

      Delete
  3. What a weird name for a pink polish! I do like it but I'm kinda fastly (is that a word?) getting over my obsession with large and shaped glitters. They're a pain in the bum to apply and I'm sick of swirling things round my nails with toothpicks!! Then I see another one and I forget all this....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I was never one for big glitter but I know what you mean. They can be nasty little buggers to get on the nail. Glitter always loses points with me when I have to remove it :P x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les