15 August 2012

Pampering Experience

Hey all!

How are ye? Apparently we have a storm coming in this week so that's going to be an awful pain.

Body Shop image from their Facebook page

I was invited to the Body shop to try out their new threading service and to get a little facial and make-over. Now ye know me well enough know to know I have never worn make-up and I have also never bothered with trying to tame my caterpillar eyebrows. I have become a bit self-conscious recently about my eyebrows though so I was really excited to try it out (although I was worried I'd come up with drag queen eyebrows....Not a good look).

I shouldn't have been worried at all! The nearest branch to me is in Galway and the staff there are just incredible. I was greeted immediately as I walked in and asked if I needed any help.

First up was the threading!. Ritu was the woman assigned for the job and let me tell you it was some job! It didn't faze her at all though. She flew threw it! It stings a bit but nothing extreme at all. The second Ritu stopped working there wasn't any stinging or pain. I would suggest wearing waterproof mascara though. My eyes watered sooooo much! I'm surprised they didn't have to mop the floor after me. It only took about 5 minutes for the entire thing. I'll definitely be going back for this again. I love my eyebrows now. They look clean and tidy and just perfect.


Tara took over for the facial and make-up.She had asked me abut my skin beforehand so she could get the right products for me.I have combination skin so Tara started off with the Seaweed purifying facial cleanser. This smells so good! A little bit went a long way. The to even out my skin tone and what not she used the Seaweed clarifying toner.Again it smells lovely and felt really refreshing on my skin. To finish it off, she applied the Seaweed mattifying moisture lotion SPF 15. The Seaweed range is designed with combination skin in mind and I really like the fact that the lotion leaves the skin with a matte finish.

Finally came the make-over. Seeing as I have never worn make-up Tara decided to go with a natural look which I really appreciated. Plus it was such a humid day you'd look a right sight going around with a full face of make-up on. First went on the Skin Primer  matte it. Again with oily skin this was the best thing to use. The stick concealer pencil in 02 was put on anywhere that needed a bit covering up (particular the red spots). The product that I really liked was the brow and lash gel. This really finished off the look of my eyebrows and kept them looking neat all day. It also helped to keep the mascara on for longer.The foundation she used was the Moisture foundation spf 15 no 4. Their vanilla cream eyeshadow (no 13) was used as a base on the eye before the brown square of the shimmer cube (no 6) was applied. I really really liked this colour! It was nice and neutral but at the same time it added a bit of colour to the eye. Tara used the define and lengthen mascara in black 01. This stuff is really great for staying on! I went in to see the film the Lorax after and it was so sad but the mascara stayed in place perfectly. A little bit of the baked-to-last bronzer in warm glow 02 was brushed on and everything was kept in place with a sweeping of the pressed powder in 04.
Eye shadow fter 6 hours on a boiling hot day!

Overall I was completely blown away by the team. The manager, Mary Angela, is lovely. She really knows what she is doing and guides every customer through the products to ensure that they are getting products that suit them. I'm really in love with the eye-shadow shimmer cube! Definitely going on the Christmas wishlist :)   I always worry about going into shops because the staff can be really stuck up to say the least. I'd sooner buy online than shop in most stores because of temperamental staff. The Body shop is not one of those shops. I felt welcome from the time I went in to the time I left and I couldn't ask for more helpful and friendly staff. I love the fact that they feel strongly about the need for companies and brands to go cruelty-free as it is something that is close to my heart too. They kindly gave me  few little sample pots of products to try out and I bought the mango beautifying oil (smells divine!) so I should have some little reviews on them soon :)

Cuti-CLUE-les

20 comments:

  1. I've been eyeing up the seaweed range for my combination skin. Must look at the price range xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try out the moisturizer before you buy. I find it a bit heavy for my skin. I have the hardest time getting one to suit me though :) I love the cleanser and toner though! x

      Delete
  2. I love The Body Shops customer service, not just in the stores but if you phone them up or email them with a problem they are always ready to help. Cant wait for those reviews :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Completely agree with you! They always respond so quickly are always so polite and friendly.

      Delete
  3. That sounds like such a great experience I had never heard of eyebrow threading surprised it doesn't hurt! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it would but it's only a little sting

      Delete
    2. So I watched a you tube video on how to do this because its not offered where I live Oh My Gosh it works so well! Thank you so much for this post or I would have never discovered it!

      Delete
    3. Awh that's brilliant! You are very welcome :)

      Delete
  4. Sounds like you had a good time there :) Eyebrow threading is a new expression for me too - I don't think I'd volunteer for that :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeh I don't think the name really draws people in at first but it is a great service. Definitely going to get it done again

      Delete
  5. Surprisingly (because I'm really lame on the whole make-up/beautifying/skincare/et al. stuff), this threading technique is not new to me, I even tried it out once on myself (just a "few" strays), lol, though I normally don't go even close to my brows (shame on me); I kinda liked it, but found it a bit tricky.

    And about TBS - I simply adore it! Such a shame there's no TBS store in my vicinity..not even the whole country. :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame :(

      I would never try to thread my own eyebrows :P I'd probably end up with only half an eyebrow !

      Delete
  6. Threading intrigues me, I never know how they do it! I've never let another human hand near my eyebrows, probably shows too haha x Glad you had a great experience there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know it's such a weird concept but it works so it's grand with me :P x

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a great experience! And I've never heard of this threading technique before but it sounds awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's only really coming into focus now I think. It's brilliant though. Cannot recommend it enough

      Delete
  8. i went to get my eyebrows done the other day and i get them done quite often, but this time my eyes were watering like crazy! im not surprised you needed a mop! and the walk of shame afterwards going to the shops is ridiculous cus ur whole face is covered in red patches! totally worth it though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha omg I know! I was delighted they did the make up after. I would have headed straight to boots to pick up some powder otherwise :P

      Delete
    2. haha yhh i had to go to the bank and i could see the guy was staring at my face like wtf happened.... o well!! my eyebrows looked beautiful after :D

      Delete
    3. haha that's all that matters! :P Maybe he was just jealous ;)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les