31 August 2012

I wear my sunglasses at night

Hey all!

Believe it or not the only polish I ever wore before I really got into nail polish was black. I loved it so much! I wore it religiously. It was always Stargazer 129. Love the brand so much but then they stopped selling their polish in the only shop that I could get it in for no reason :( So I'm on the lookout for a new black!

Catrice I wear my sunglasses at night is a black polish that is jam packed with glitter. I know a lot of people were disappointed with this because the glitter doesn't translate well onto the nail. This doesn't really bother me in fairness. You get enough glitter for it to sparkle when you are in decent lighting.

I think this has now been discontinued but you can find it fairly easily in most places.


Application wasn't too bad. It went on easily in 2 coats but it can be a bit thick so take it hady when you are putting it on.

Catrice have a great formula and I can easily get a week without chips and minimal tip wear. I mainly use this for nail art because it is really opaque. I actually used this in a my San Diego nail art guest post for Painting Rainbows.


 What is your favourite black polish? I've had my stargazer one for about 4 years now and it's gone gloopy :( I still use it though :P Just very very slowly :D Also I now have nubbins for nails! I cut them right down to the skin so they'll grow all nice and healthy again. It's so weird having really short nails. I have boyish hands now! My nails grow quickly but it's nice to dry a new shape and size every once in a while.

Cuti-CLUE-les




18 comments:

  1. I love the blacks in the China Glaze Hunger Games Collection, Smoke and Ashes and Stone Cold, so gorgeous in different ways! xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll check them out. It's so hard to find a good one x

      Delete
  2. Haha before I got into nail polish, black was the only colour I'd wear too!! This is a gorgeous black. One that's been on my wishlist is A-England Bridal Veil, it's so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I remember seeing that one when the sale was on. It really is gorgeous!

      Delete
  3. I avoid black at every chance.. Whenever I paint with black I literally get mess everywhere. Odd! Lol. Love the pics xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I actually get that too! It's a nightmare to get off of your skin

      Delete
  4. Yay for nubbins, I did the same, couldn't be dealing with 5 different sized nails. Okay, 4. I couldn't bring myself to do the thumb. Maybe tomorrow ;) Anyway, if people can't find this (I can't, I swapped mine), Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure 'Midnight in NY' is basically the same polish and is also my go-to black as a nail art base.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate filing my thumbs. The shape never comes out right on them so they look really weird :( I haven't tried out any sally hansen polishes. I'm keeping an eye out for that one though. A good black is essential.

      Delete
  5. I actually had this polish, and I was one of the girls who was disappointed in the lack of glitter on my nails, so I swapped my bottle for something else :)
    But I *am* a glitter kind of girl! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a load of glitter toppers to spice it up :P I do see why people would be disappointing with it though :)

      Delete
  6. Very cool color and that cracks me up that you only wore black when you wear something new everyday (it seems, with all your posts and pretty nail colors!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know imagine if I still did that! It'd be a different brand of black polish everyday :P

      Delete
  7. I just found your blog! Haved looked through some of it and I love the nail arts! :D Like the one with black and white stripes with the red close to the cuticles. Will try that out my self in a soon future I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D I'm glad you like them!

      Delete
  8. Ah a girl after my own blackened heart! I have far too many black nail polishes than I care to recount. Must dig out my I Wear My Sunglasses At Night again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ha! ah ya can't beat a good black. Everyone needs at least one in their stash. It never goes out of style

      Delete
  9. I love black nail polish but I rarely wear it, must get into wearing some black polish again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it! It looks great on all nail shapes! it makes an amazing base for really bright dots and stripes too :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les