12 August 2012

Flip Flop Nightmare

Hey all!

I've been wearing neons non-stop for the last three weeks. Love them! I don't care that we are in autumn now, they are staying on :) The first neon I bought was Models Own Hedonist but the first one I ever wore as a full manicure was China Glaze Flip Flop Fantasy so here it is.

 Flip flop fantasy is a gorgeous pinky coral neon polish. I have been dying to get this for months! I wasn't one for neon nails mainly due to the fact that I didn't think they would actually be neon on the nail. I'm really happy that we actually got some sun here a while back so I popped this on asap.

You probably know how much I love this by my July favourites post. I am so picky with products so that says a lot about this polish. I did not want to take this off but after a week I decided to try out another polish so I don't use this bottle up too quickly.

 You probably all know by now that the application of Flip Flop Fantasy is hoffific! It's streaky and it drags if you use thick coats. I actually swatched this ones and left it because the formula was so bad. I think you have to use thin coats and really let the polish dry between coats to get a nice even manicure. It will take a good 4 coats though!

I left this without a topcoat. I really like the rubbery matte finish neons have and a topcoat really highlights all of polish flaws. I got a chip on my thumb on day 2. Not a big one though so I just covered it with a big of glitter. I think i was peeling labels off of a jar so that probably caused it :P


 Even with the awful, awful, awful (seriously it's awful) formula I love this polish. The colour is gorgeous and it is so bright! Really recommend this polish.

What is your favourite neon polish? I'm trying to find some more before the autumn colours start taking over.

Cuti-CLUE-les




20 comments:

  1. This is sooo gorgeous, especially on your skin; I love this on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I love wearing it soo much :) x

      Delete
  2. August is autumn?! lol I love this polish, haven't given it any love lately, though. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, I'm so sorry that the formula is so bad! I'm glad that you love the color, but it sucks that the formula is so streaky and bad. :(

    I agree with the others; it is a great color for your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew the formula was off but to be honest I really think it's worth it :)
      Thank you!x

      Delete
  4. My favorite neon is China Glaze Kiwi Cool Ada- its a bright lime green. If you haven't tried it I recommend it and the formula is pretty nice.

    Btw this color is spectacular!

    Samantha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I will check that one out! Thanks Samantha.

      Delete
  5. Wait what? You're in autumn? =)) Does time go by faster where you live? ;)
    Anyways, I really love this color on you! The polish is gorgeous, but too bad it's such a pain to apply :/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I thought it was the same everywhere! Yup Autumn here is August to October :) Thanks Theo! oh it's horrific but the colour is 100% worth it x

      Delete
  6. Hahah yeah, as Theodora says, I wouldn't call it Autumn, but hey, here July felt like October, and August is only slightly warmer, so maybe we just went straight from Spring to Autumn (at least in Europe!)? :)
    Anyway, I have that polish too, and I also love it, I think it's hell to get color accurate on pictures, but you did a great job. I also have Sun Worshipper from the same collection, the formula is even worse, but THAT is truly an Autumn neon (if there is such a thing), and so worth it in spite of the formula :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's Autumn here :P We start earlier that ye do :)

      Thank you! I agree it is so hard to capture the colour accurately! I was running around the house like a lunatic trying to catch the sun so it would at least look bright in the pictures :P
      I'm going to look out for sun worshipper!

      Delete
  7. Ha I totally consider August as Autumn in Ireland! I think most of June and July would be Autumn to some people! Shame about the formula, that's a pain. There are some pretty bright colours in the new Essence Colour & Go range but I don't think they're actual neons x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right? It's the month that school starts again so it's the end of Summer :) Yeh I was a bit annoyed with the formula. If it had a great formula this polish would be my absolute favourite ever. I doubt it but I'll be checking them out anyway :P x

      Delete
  8. I love neons! I have found that if you layer the neons over a white base, not only does it make them pop more but they seem to go on better. I don't know if I can pick a favorite neon, I love all the China Glaze summer neons, as well as the Orly neons!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the orly ones! they are so pretty. Far harder to get a hold of though :)

      Delete
  9. I love neons too! A lot of (china glaze) neons are exactly the same formula as FFF, and also chip fast. I don't really mind the bad formula.. All I wear lately is neon on my nail so I'm kinda used to the formula now. I do use a topcoat to prevent the polish from chipping.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't suffer to badly with chipping so I'm not to fussed about it but the formula is bad :P You'd think higher end brands would have all of this sorted by now :P x

      Delete
  10. Autumn? Noooooo! We've barely had summer yet! Love the neon nails though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think there is such a thing as Summer in Ireland :P thanks!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les