06 August 2012

F4 Pink Penquin review

Hey all!

Some more indies for you all today. This time they are from the fairly well known brand F4, run by three sister names Lexy, Jenn and Lacey. They kindly sent me 4 polishes to review.

Pink Penquin is a mix of small black and white matte glitter with a heap of matte pink hex glitter. I wasn't sure about this one in the bottle. It doesn't come across as a polish that will build up easily but I was pleasantly surprised! It does take 4 coats to because almost opaque with only a 1-2  bald spots.

The bald spots are only really noticeable up close so it's not really a deal breaker to be honest. I would not use pink penquin  for a full manicure on it's own but I an accent nail of pink penquin would really liven up any manicure.

Index finger 4 coats
Middle finger 3 coats
Ring finger 2 coats
Pinky finger 1 coat

I found that it got a bit harder to spread around the nail after 2-3 coats. To stop this I just gave the bottle a good shake to help take off the build up of glitter on the brush.

I think if you pair this up with any colour aside from black, white and pink it will look amazing! I think some of the glitter will be washed out if you use a black or white basecoat. Pink should be grand depending on the shade.

 I layered pink penquin over 2 coats of Catrice lucky in lilac. I really liked this combination! I'm not a huge fan of purple polish and the glitter just made it so much  more appeasing to me. I only have on 1 coat of pink penquin. You can really see how well the polish goes on in just one coat.

The brush spreads the glitter out nicely on the nail and you get a good mix of black and white with at least one pink hex on each nail. It dries fairly lumpy and gritty so you need a nice layer of topcoat on this!

 Surprisingly I really like Pink Penquin! It's completely unique to my stash and anything that makes me want to wear purple polish is a winner in my books. I have the 5ml bottle which will not last long if you intend on using this as a full manicure without a basecoat so keep that in mind if you really like it. Especially if you have long nails.

 F4 pink penquin polish can be found HERE on Etsy in a 15ml bottle for $8. They do not ship internationally at the moment so it's only available to the US and Canada.

Cuti-CLUE-les

 **Polish was provided for review**



17 comments:

  1. I need this purely for the name, shame they don't ship internationally xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know :( Hopefully they'll start soon enough!x

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. A lot of people do :) I'm just hoping they start shipping internationally!

      Delete
  3. Wow, this is lovely! I'd not heard of F4 before but I'd definitely like to give this one a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some really unique ones! Hope you get the chance to try the out x

      Delete
  4. This is beautiful, I really want to try this! :)xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely polish. I can't wait to try it over other colours x

      Delete
  5. Hey there! Just wanted to drop by and let you know I nominated you for an award on my blog! Your posts are awesome and I always enjoy reading them. You can check out my post about the award if you'd like. Just thought you deserved it! :]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Replies
    1. I really like it too! it's so unique

      Delete
  7. They won't ship to Ireland, but...... they shipped these to Ireland? GAH! I love this, it's gorgeous. I love the little diamond they do on their bottles too, so pretty :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Email them and they will set up a custom listing for you on etsy (I just asked them!) xx

      Delete
    2. No WAY I did not know that, how cool are they?! Brilliant! Thank you :)x

      Delete
  8. Hiya, I’ve nominated you for a Versatile Blogger award, please check out my post here, thanks x
    http://wendysdelights.blogspot.co.uk/2012/08/i-won-award-versatile-blogger.html

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les