08 August 2012

F4 Blue Galaxy review

Hey all!

 I have Blue Galaxy for review today. This was the polish that stunned me the most in the bottle.

 On the nail this polish fell very flat for me personally. It reminds  me a lot of Essence Blue addicted. It looks amazing in swatches but it just does nothing for me.

On its own, Blue galaxy is a bit sheer due to the jelly base. It's full of green, blue and purple matte  and satin matte glitter.

Index finger 4 coats
Middle finger 3 coats
Ring finger 2 coats
Pinky finger 1 coat
 Blue galaxy went on easily. I would say you'd need to shake the bottle before each coat to really get a good even mix of glitter on each nail. 4 coats is a bit lumpy so I'd recommend using a topcoat just to even it out a bit.

I'd sooner layer it over a similar polish than use it alone but if I didn't have a matching polish for it , 4 coats would be the one I would go for. It really has the best look to it in my opinion.
 Next I layered it over Stargazer 105 which is the perfect navy blue polish. I have 2 coats of stargazer and 2 coats of Blue Galaxy.

Leave each coat to dry fully because they can drag a bit leaving bald spots. The glitter really pops when you layer blue galaxy.

This would make a really eye catching accent nail too. I love the way it looks in the pictures but it just doesn't do it for me in real life. I prefer really bright manicures at the moment.

You can buy the 15ml bottle of Blue Galaxy for $8 on Etsy. I asked F4 about International shipping and all you have to do is email them on Etsy and they will set up a custom listing for you!

Cuti-CLUE-les

**Polish was provided for review**











10 comments:

  1. I love this! It would look stunning over Barry M's Indigo or Nails Inc Baker Street :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say they would make great bases for it. I'm glad you like it x

      Delete
  2. Oh I love the looks of this polish! I've got a great Rimmel blue it would look fantastic over! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see that combination!! x

      Delete
  3. Looks like a close cousin of DL Across the Universe, which I layer over turquoise and green.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is indeed! So is Essence Blue Addicted. They went wild for it here when it was released but I think it has been discontinued now.

      Delete
  4. Ooh, I like this! Ahh KarenD beat me to it, I was going to say it's not a million miles away from Across The Universe (which I don't have) and Essence Blue Addicted (which I do have)! Wait what, they sell Essence in Ireland?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I was thinking the same when I swatched it but I don't have it to compare :P Yup we have them here :) Great brand for dupes of higher end polish!!

      Delete
  5. I really want to try some F4 polishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them! they have a great range of colours on their etsy page :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les