24 July 2012

TheKaki Summer challenge: Seashell

Hey all!

This has been sitting on my usb for about a week now! I finally found my nail art brush (twitter followers will understand- I lost all my nail art brushes, then found them all abar the detail one! Only found it last night so no new nail art for the last week)

 *Shudder* this is not what I had in mind! Patrick is pretty decent but spongebob was such a pain in the tóin (oh yes believe your eyes that's an Irish word right there) It actually started really well and looked great until I started adding in the details :P

This is the picture I based the manicure on! I kept it fairly close to the original though I changed their faces a fair but to make it easier. I love having short nails but they are brutal for nail art.



For the blue base I used Barry M Blueberry Ice cream. Then I freehanded the tips using Catrice Sand Francisco. The rest is done using acrylic paints :) I sealed it all with a coat of Essence Quick Dry topcoat.

The took so long to do it was beginning to get on my nerves! Every time it started to look ok I somehow managed to feck it up with the next brush stroke :(






Oh well you win some you lose some. I'm glad I got my brush back though! Hopefully I'll be able to get some more nail art done at the weekend :) I was waiting for the postman for ages today and it drove me up the wall! I placed another order with Pixy last week and I am so excited to try out the stuff I bought :D The box is beside me on the desk and the smell is just gorgeous!

Cuti-CLUE-les

21 comments:

  1. Awesome!! The squidgy pink guy is may favey!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your freehand skills are just ridiculously amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that your "short" nails are still longer than mine are at the moment! Lol! Oh well, I really dislike the Spongebob cartoon, but I like the design on your nails, it turned out really good :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yeh I don't know what I'll call them when they are really short :P
      Thank you :)

      Delete
  4. Awww this is soo cute! Very nice work there hun :) Patrick is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! Me too :D He's so squishy :)

      Delete
  5. It's really stunning (as usual)!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG I totally just posted a Spongebob mani for fav underwater animal. Bwahahaaha I swear I didn't copy you!! I'm still going through my 500+ posts (they keep getting posted as quickly as I can read them!) but I saw this on the Inlinkz tool and thought, hey that looks familiar! Toooo funny. Yours is so much better than mine! I love it. You're so good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I love having a new Irish friend :P You need to catch up on these posts missy , we can't be matching all of the time ;) x

      Delete
  7. NIce! Even with my tiniest nail art brush, I can never get my stuff so detailed. I don't know how you do it - this is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you Jessie! I wish I had a small brush though. It's really hard :( I'm glad you like it!

      Delete
  8. Awesome! I don't like spongebob but this nail art is really good! Patrick looks kinda cute =))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Patrick is so cute until he starts talking :P then he's annoying :D

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les