11 July 2012

Smitten Polish-Aquarius!

Hey all!


About a week or 2 ago I got some nail polish from Noelie's line Smitten Polish to review. This is going to be fairly picture heavy but it's worth having a look through because she has some of the best indie polish on the market.

All of the labels have the Smitten polish logo on them and the name of the polish is handwritten on each bottle which I love! It's nice to see that there is time taken to properly pack each polish.

Aquarius is one of the latest releases. It is a gorgeous aqua blue based polish that is packed with blue, green and purple hexagon glitter of all different sizes. This really stood out to me. I love blue polish and this is right up my street.

In these pictures I have 2 coats of Nails Inc York Street with one coat of Smitten Polish Aquarius on top. I loved Aquarius as a topper. The glitter spreads out so easily and dries fairly smooth so I didn't bother with a top coat.

York street is the perfect polish to use as a base for Aquarius. I loved it with just one coat. It added just enough sparkle for me and it looked gorgeous in the sun.

                                        

 Now these pictures are just to give ye a better idea of Aquarius on its own.

Index- 1 coat
Middle- 2 coats
Ring -3 coats
Pinky- 4 coats

To be honest in real life there is not much difference between 3 and 4 coats. Bear in mind that I have very long nails so it does take a but more polish to cover up the tips. 3 coats did the job perfectly.
Personally, I think the colour and the glitter really stand out when you layer Aquarius over another polish. When I paint my nails with Aquarius I layer it. It also saves a lot of polish too!

If you do want to use Aquarius on its own it dries so quickly so no worries about smudging it between coats. It's definitely on par with my essence nail polish in terms of drying time. I was able to quickly build up 4 coats without any dragging or bald spots.

Removal was grand. i didn't use the foil technique and it can off within a few seconds of using acetone remover and scrubbing it with the cotton ball.



 Noelie opens up shop fairly often so keep an eye on her blog page HERE. She always posts there to let everyone know when the next restock is coming and which polish will be available. You can always check out the etsy page too.
Each bottle costs $9 for 15ml.  Noelie does ship internationally and everything is well packaged  so no worries.

Have any of ye tried out Smitten Polish?

Cuti-CLUE-les


**The polish in this post was provided for review**

14 comments:

  1. It looks so pretty, another brand to check out! This blog is dangerous ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the best compliment ever :D Thanks! x

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous!!! I absolutely love this polish!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is just stunning! I wish I could capture the sparkle

      Delete
  3. oh so pretty! reminds me of a robin's egg!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's an adorable way to describe it :D

      Delete
  4. Amazing shade. It looks so good on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. It is one of my favourites :) Great for summer too

      Delete
  6. I recently received Noelie's Mint Chip polish in the mail from her recent shop sale. I love it and the quality was so good. I had hoped to purchase her Bluebird polish too, but a lot of her stock was sold out even as I was filling out my payment information in the first 10 minutes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I bought a few too and they are just gorgeous but they do sell quickly. You do get a good amount of time to buy them though so I'm sure you'll have better luck next time :)

      Delete
  7. Very pretty! I grabbed this one, too, but haven't had a chance to try it yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I can't wait to hear what you think of it!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les