10 July 2012

A not so Riveting read...

Hey all,

A little while back I bought my first China Glaze polish from the  Beauty Emporium . I was so excited to get them considering the hype that is constantly surrounding them! I finally got around to swatching them when I reviewed the Beads Ink rings HERE but I have a proper review today :D

 I think China Glaze riveting was one of my biggest lemmings so far this year. I loved looking at swatches online and everyone seems to have nothing but good things to say about it so I went and bought it! I think €7.50 is a bit steep for a nail polish so you know it's special if I buy it :P

I am mad after orange polish this summer. It suits my skin tone and I just love bright colours :) I bought this for the colour and not the book/film hype because I actually disliked the books :P

I have on my usual Stargazer 114 basecoat and 2 very easy coats of China Glaze Riveting. This went on so smoothly! The first coat is a bit weird looking but the second coat really builds up the colour .And now to the sad news :(

I was so disappointed by this polish. Now don't get me wrong I love the colour and the application is flawless. It's just after so much hype and so many raving reviews I really was expecting to go "WOW" when I put this on and I just didn't.



This is definitely not as eye-catching as I hoped it would be! I didn't really stare at my nails all that much when I had it on. I know ye can but this fairly cheap in America and I do highly recommend it. I just wouldn't pay over the odds for it. It's a pretty polish but it fell flat for me.

I think I might just stick with the brands that are closer to home from now on which is really upsetting .Hopefully my next China glaze experience will be better.

Now after a depressing read you need a lift! This made my week:
devashri.deviantart.com

Cuti-CLUE-les

17 comments:

  1. Argh, I hate it when that happens! I think you should give it another chance though, because it looks really good on you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know it hardly ever happens too :( Oh I'll definitely give it a go again :)

      Delete
  2. That sucks you dont like it..this and hook and line are the last two i really want from this collection. Sorry you got your hopes up :/ lol the snape bit is funny though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I think it looks great. Your swatch seems brighter than others that I've seen. I like it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a lovely bright polish! I'm glad you like it :)

      Delete
  4. Possible tip (of course I could be wrong and it could be horrid - I don't have this polish to try it myself) but maybe a coat of white underneath? Might help bring out the colour more!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try that out! Thanks :)

      Delete
  5. Aww I'm sad you don't love it! Its my favorite polish, it just sparkled so much when I wore it I was mesmerized. Must have been disappointing for you to not love it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh it was so bad :( It's my first China Glaze and all so it was a major let down. Hopefully I'll change my mind when I try it again

      Delete
  6. It is a bummer that it fell short for you! It still looks gorgeous on you, though! I love the first picture where it shows the beautiful shimmer! I am also a fellow orange lover... but I don't have many orange polishes ... I need to fix that! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :D Oh another orange lover! Yes I completely agree you have to buy more :P

      Delete
  7. I am loving orange polish right now too! But I didn't get this one-although I really wanted it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a nice polish but I wouldn't kick myself for not buying it :)

      Delete
  8. Well, ever since I saw the swatches I knew I had to have this one in my life :D Too bad you say it's not that special... it looks good on you though ;) If I have the chance to get it cheap..fine, if not it's fine as well :) Thanks for the review! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh and I almost forgot! I laughed about 5 minutes at that awesome gif ! omg =)))) it's so cool :D

      Delete
    2. I think the hype just ruined it a bit for me. I doubt I'll shell ou on china glaze in the future although I like the look of the swatches online.

      I love the gif! I can't even look at this post because I just keep laughing :D

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les