14 July 2012

Blackout

Hey all!

 This is the same manicure I had on for the Beads ink ring review HERE. China Glaze is only by second China Glaze polish. I really fell in love with the swatches online and I was so excited to finally get it.

I mentioned in a previous post that I am not a fan of the hunger games but polish is polish! I actually bought this in my Beauty emporium mini haul HERE. I heard nothing but rave reviews about this polish and I am really starting to get into glitter nail polish. I love the mixture of red and gold glitter. It means it will look great with all different polish colours! And both colours are pretty much 50-50 so you get a nice mixture of the two.
 I have on my stargazer 114 basecoat and 2 coats of Riveting on each nail. Then on my accent nail I have 4 coats of china Glaze Electrify...4... and you can still see loads of bald spots. Everywhere! In the pictures and in person.
Now I thought that having another colour as a base would mean you wouldn't need half as many coats. I was so disappointed! like I don't even want to wear it now. It was a complete waste of money. If I have to use 4 coats sure the bottle won't last long at all.

 So from the 2 China Glaze polish I have tried so far both have left me disappointed. Riveting is a gorgeous colour and is a dream to apply (review here) but Electrify was pure crap to be honest. China Glaze cost €7.50 on the Beauty Emporium site which is the cheapest that I have found in Ireland so far.
Not a happy bunny with this polish at all.

Another Sad post :(......

kajacana.tumblr.com

What's the worst high end polish you have tried? And yes, china Glaze is high end polish to me :P
Also, I have a LOAD of posts to publish! I keep forgetting or thinking I've already published them . Seriously I have a head like a sieve. I should be all scheduled up tomorrow though so you'll see some of the pretty things I have acquired recently :D

Cuti-CLUE-les

13 comments:

  1. I hope that the Flip Flop Fantasy works out better for you! I'm so sad that the China Glaze polishes haven't worked out well for you; I love their polishes, personally.

    I think the one "high end" polish that I've tried that didn't really do it for me was the Nails Inc polish Heathrow. It's not bad, but for a matte polish it's so thin and the brush is utter crap. When a matte needs at least three coats to make it smooth, you know there's an issue!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I really do not like nails inc. Their formula is bad and not worth the €14 they cost!

      Delete
  2. I've never tried China glaze. I totally agree with you tho, it really annoys me when high end polishes don't have nice formulas. Theres nothing worse then paying more than you would like to for a polish only to find that the formula is crap.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! It bugs me when people give them such amazing reviews just because they are a brand name!!

      Delete
  3. I think the high end polish I have been most disappointed in is Rescue Beauty Lounge. But I have only 2 of theirs and have only worn the one. All I heard before deciding to go ahead and shell out $20 each for the 2 shades was how amazing the formula was but I hated it. Maybe now that I am actually getting better at doing my nails I will give the other one a shot and see if I like it more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's true it's always hard to judge formula when you don't know what skill the people have with applying polish. I hope they work out for you though! I was after grunge for AGES! but I really do not think it is worth the price.

      Delete
  4. I'm so sad China Glaze hasn't been awesome for you. I love their polishes. I too hope Flip Flop Fantasy is better for you. Nothing worse than a polish let down. I purchased some RBL recently and those are high end for me (they cost 5x as much as China Glaze here) and I wore won and was like, "This is it?" I haven't worn any of the other ones yet...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ugh it's the worst feeling ever isn't it? I hope the other ones are amazing and blow your socks off altogether :D

      Delete
  5. I do like China Glaze but I only have a couple of colours, ones I went looking for - the price of them in Ireland is ridiclous, I get them on eBay. I find the recent collections a huge let-down! I refuse to buy Nails Inc, the only ones I've tried were freebies or a gift, I think they're overrated. Same with OPI, not worth the hype or the money imho!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha I am the exact same with Nails inc! pure rip off like they are taking the piss altogether. I've never tried OPI but I like some of the polish. Ebay is the job for polish. Beauty emporium is great too. Especially with free shipping :P

      Delete
  6. I really love this manicure! In regards to the price, you can easily find it cheaper on other websites, I think I bought my Electrify for $5.50.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! That's so nice to hear!

      Oh that's a good price! It's the shipping price that worries me :)

      Delete
    2. Well I bought that specific one from Beautyjoint. Their shipping prices start at $10 for international. I bought 19 items with a total shipping cost of $25, so I think that's still a fair price. But I guess that depends on how much you buy from one site, because $10 in shipping for one item might be a bit much! :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les