20 July 2012

Birthday nail art

Hey all!

It was my birthday about a week ago now I think and I spent forever trying to think up some nail art to do for it! You have no idea how hard it was. I didn't want the really obvious birthday cake and candles etc.. because It's not really a big day for me. I think only three of my friends remembered so that was really disheartening.  Oh well! I'm just annoyed I put so much effort into their birthdays..

This is how it started off..


... And the finished result!
I went for a Harry Potter theme after I haunted Kaki from Glitter Obsession with Snape Gifs on twitter :P I was inspired by the house crests. I planned on doing the actual crest itself with the writing but I only finished these at 3 in the morning so I didn't have time.  I'll do them one day though because they look so fricking amazing!

From left to right: Hufflepuff, Slytherin, Ravenclaw and Gryffindor.
Hufflepuff: Catrice birdy reloaded (Yellow) Kiss black nail art brush (black)
Slytherin: Barry M Teal (greenish) Kiss White nail art brush (white)
Ravenclaw: Essence Grumpy (Royal blue) Barry M Blueberry ice cream (sky blue)
Gryffindor: Barry M Raspberry (redish) Catrice Birdy reloaded (yellow)









I just combined the basecolours of all four houses on my thumb
Top left: Barry M Raspberry
Top Right: Essence Grumpy
Bottom Left: Barry M Teal
Bottom Right: Catrice Birdy Reloaded

I used my gold striping tape to hide the lines and to make it look neater :)

Full hand shot. I actually did the same design on my right hand too. I hardly ever repeat the same design on both hands but it's Harry potter people!! You have to!!

My favourite colour combination is Essence Grumpy with Barry m Blueberry ice cream. I love the colours and the design itself. Definitely one to repeat again on it's own. Gryffindor was the hardest nail by far! It drove me demented. I actually had to redo it after a really stupid mistake which you can see below:


Yup I forgot that striping tape covers some of the nail so I didn't use a basecoat :P Rookie mistake!! I love the way it turned out though! not as messy as the end result but a bit more wonky :D

I got some nice compliments on this manicure too which was really nice!


That's pretty much it :)

21 comments:

  1. Hehehe love the last image! I love snape...cried so much reading the last book :-) This looks great hun! Happy birthday for last week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still can't watch the movie again. I know people are going to like "what a loser" but I don't care! I love him :)

      Thank you :D x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful nails! And happy belated birthday - I'm sorry I didn't say anything on the day, I didn't know :( x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's fine missy :) and thank you! I'm dying to do more Harry potter nails :D x

      Delete
  3. Happy belated birthday! Love the Harry Potter nails, and who doesn't like Snape Gifs? Haha this is definitely a post full of win :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!

      haha I need more snape! He is just gorgeous :P
      x

      Delete
  4. Awww Roisin!!! Happy Birthday for last week!!! You must not be one of those people that shouts about it?! What did ya do for your bday? Also I actually kinda like the so-called "failed nail". Buut that bloody striping tape is actually so hard to do nice things with. The one I have is a bit sticky and doesn't produce clean lines so you've done well my friend!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you! No I don't really like telling people because it feels like you are forcing them to make a big deal about it :)
      I actually didn't do anything except buy highlighters and stuff for college :P Very Rock and Roll haha

      Don't like the nail polish dry before pulling the tape off. I use my cuticle nippers to take it off and it works out far better

      Delete
    2. Yeah man even though I rip it straight off. NADA!

      Delete
  5. Happy late birthday!! Those look awesome, love Harry Potter

    ReplyDelete
  6. A belated happy birthday, fab nails as always!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cute birthday nails! And happy birthday for last week :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are amazing!!! Happy Belated Birthday!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome awesome mani. And Happy Belated Birthday!! Hope you had a good one. These Snape things are cracking me up ....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaki :D
      God I love him! Although I'm finding it harder and harder to get good ones
      :( I must find people to make nail polish snape gifs :O That would make my life!

      Delete
  10. happy belated birthday! I love the theme, and the use of the tape to make each nail different=] pretty awesome on the one you didn't use base coat on, it's a different kind of nude mani!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D
      Oh that's a great way of looking at it!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les