10 June 2012

Raspberry-licious!

Hey all!

So I know it's summer time and a lot of you wouldn't wear darker polishes but I'm "crazy".I'm not fond of the whole trend thing that goes on in the blogging world. If you like a colour just wear it :) As long as you feel good wearing it then ignore what everyone else says.

Anyway! I decided to go with Barry M Raspberry.

I am a big fan of Barry M nail polishes. I wanted this polish for ages but at €4.79 a pop they are dear enough compared to Essence and Catrice. Every time I went in specifically to buy it, it was sold out :( I can't really blame them though because it is such a gorgeous polish and really unique to my collection :) I finally got it into my possession a couple of months ago and I kept putting off wearing it. No idea why to be honest. Probably because I was big into nail art back then :P

Seeing as my nails are fairly long at the moment and Barry M usually need at least 2 coats for me I was gearing up for a three coater but this was opaque in one coat!! ONE!! How frickin' amazing is that? I threw on another just to be sure.

This has such a squishy look to it especially at night. I added on a layer of Essence quick dry topcoat just to enhance the glossy squishy-ness :P


 Application was so smooth and easy. I only really had clean up on my right hand but that's normal in fairness :P

I only have like 5 Barry M polishes at the moment but I have my eye on a couple more. I am in love with their pastel collection I have peach melba and berry ice cream from the collection and I hope to get blueberry ice cream and Strawberry ice cream. The lemon one is nice but I prefer Models own Lemon meringue.


This was taken in the dark but this is exactly how the polish changes colour depending on the time of day. Raspberry really makes your nails look so elegant. This looks like their "Red wine" polish but I don't have that to compare the too.

Raspberry wear really well with minimal tip wear after  days. No chips which is always the case with the Barry M polishes that I have tried.
Each bottle holds 10ml of polish which really goes a long way. A must have polish for all occassions I think :D


I got a little bored at the end and just as I was about to take it off I decided to do roses on it. That didn't work :P I need to practice it a fair bit! But here's how it looked before my failed attempt:
Doesn't it look like a dragons egg or something? It's so quirky! I wish I left it like that and just ignored the roses. I was changing my manicure anyway so no harm.


What's your favourite Barry M nail polish?

Cuti-CLUE-les

26 comments:

  1. I love Rasberry its such a gorgeous colour :-) I love most Barry M's but my favourite would probably have to be Cyan Blue! I love it :-)

    I agree, there shouldn't be rules when it comes to nail polish, it makes us stand out and become unique. If we were all wearing the same type of colours it would be boring!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jesus how many "I loves" did I use in that first sentence, that's my fault for trying to do three things at once hehe lack of concentration!

      Delete
    2. Exactly I am so happy that other people agree with this! Sure it's also a great way of finding polish that you would never think would suit you or look good on the nail.

      Cyan blue is fantastic!!

      Delete
  2. Raspberry is my favorite Barry M and it was one of the first ones I got in a swap. Its in my top 5 of favorite polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's the best polish you could have started off with! I really like it and will definitely wear it again. I'm so glad you like it too :)

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous colors. and you've got some awesome nails!! I don't own any Barry M but I've heard such good things about them I may need to figure out a way to get my hands on some!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh! And the roses - maybe using a slightly darker polish than the roses and going in with some tiny swirls a la Simply Rins? I bet they'd look really cool.

      Delete
  4. I totally understand you lol I've been actually wearing more vampy shades lately, who cares right? This is a gooorgeous color on you! I don't have any Barry M's...but I too have been trying to free hand some roses lately, and it's actually harder than I want it to be lol I'm definitely gonna need some practice. I watched a video about it, and this girl does her own fake nails so she just polishes the designs on and then applies them after they're dry. I'm just not a big fan of fake nails or I'd try it..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I'm glad my rambling makes sense sometimes :P
      And those roses are really testing me! Why can't they be easy? :(
      I really don't like fake nails either. It's rare to find ones that look good and natural. I know it's easier to paint on them but half the fun is in trying to do it on your natural nails ;)

      Delete
    2. well if I find an easy tutorial or something I'll definitely let you know because I soooo want to do a floral mani that isn't stamped, you don't even know!

      I agree, natural is sooo better!

      Delete
  5. Raspberry is a fantastic red, I absolutely love it!
    I think your roses look a bit like coloured clouds :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that is such a cute description !ha!

      Delete
  6. That is such a pretty color! I don't have any Barry Ms but I think now I may have to hunt some down on my next trip to Cambridge or Bury. Now to look at what colors I want besides this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that's not a good plan Jen, When you start looking you never stop :P
      They have some amazing colours. Just watch out for the formula on some of them :)

      Delete
  7. Racing Green is my favourite, but Raspberry is a really close second of Barry M!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have racing green but I always see swatches of it and it is beautiful!

      Delete
  8. I love Barry M polishes, definitely one of my fav brands of polish. Raspberry looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here! They are kind of dear but the wear time is pretty amazing.

      Delete
  9. I don't own any Barry M's because they don't exist in Denmark, but any swatches I've seen so far are just amazing, and so is this, I simply love the colour of it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you can get them online but some of the prices are ridiculous!

      I agree it is a really lovely polish :)

      Delete
  10. Even if you did go by the "season rules," the name of the polish is a summer name! Mmmm... I like raspberries! I love this polish, too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This colour is gorgeous!
    .x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh I love Barry M polish! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They have some great polish colours! I love this one

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les