25 June 2012

Pimp my shrimp

Hey all!


All of a sudden I have decided I need to wear a coral nail polish :P This has been sitting in my stash for a few weeks now so I decided that this was the one to go for.

Catrice Pimp my Shrimp is a coral polish that shifts more towards orange than pink. I am loving orange polish at the moment so I love this particular polish. Coral is one of my go to polish colours throughout the year. I love it! So versatile and bright.  Pimp my Shrimp is verging on neon. Really bright and eye-catching. Taking a quote from the lovely Wig Wam this is definitely a secretary polish ;) I am constantly looking at my nails while I type.
Now the application is not what I expect from Catrice. It's not awful by any means. It's Thicker than normal and it want every where. On my thumbs it went really streaky too which bugged me a lot. I think it might be down to the fact I put the polish in the freezer for a few minutes before using it! This is supposed to stop it bubbling.....It didn't :(


In the pictures I have my usual Stargazer 114 basecoat, 3 coats of Catrice pimp my Shrimp and a coat of Essence Quick Dry topcoat  I was too lazy to put on a topcoat.  It's fairly glossy on it's own and better still it lasted 5 days with no chips and minimal tip wear.

It's a bitch to capture accurately but I think these are almost perfect. Love the colour but hate the formula.


For €2.79 you get 10ml of polish, an amazing colour and a cute name :P

I am so tired right now! Starting a fitness regime thingy tomorrow :(  That's going to go well *insert sarcastic tone here*

Cuti-CLUE-les

21 comments:

  1. Lovely Colour hun! Too bad about the formula :-( I hate it when that happens.

    Good luck with your fitness Regime!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know I am actually really disappointed with it :(

      thanks :D

      Delete
  2. beautiful color! i love the name, its so funny!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A polish with a fun name will almost always come home with me :P

      Delete
  3. oh you lucky duck, i wish I could start a fitness routine..it would have to consist of sprinting to and from the car and using the stairs at work lol

    very pretty color, I do love corals so much. They make me feel like it's the 60s and I'm going to a clambake=]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's brilliant :P

      I love coral too! I just wish they would photograph easily :D

      Delete
  4. I think you should try using it without putting it in the freezer first and see if the formula is just as weird. It doesn't sound like Catrice to make polishes that behave like that at all. :) It looks great on you though, it really suits your skin tone!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what I'm going to do! hopefully it works.
      Awh thanks! I loved wearing it :)

      Delete
  5. It's the kind of colour that would turn my pictures into lobster hands, but it really looks good on you. And did you cut your nails again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think the strong orange tones really help get rid of lobster hands.
      I actually filed them a bit ( really pleased you noticed :D )

      Delete
    2. That how attentive I am of your pictures ;) *pats own shoulder proudly*
      - I like this length :)

      Delete
  6. I love corals!! They are perfect for summer. And I love the name, its so funny!! Really too bad about the formula :((

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try it again without the freezer method and hopefully that'll fix it!

      Delete
  7. Really nice colour :) I hate it when polishes have rubbish formulas, especially when they are such pretty colours :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It really takes away from the polish :(

      Delete
  8. this polish looks really great on your nails :D and your nails are very nice ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) That's really nice of you to say :D

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les