24 June 2012

A perry-lous manicure

Hey all!

You can pretty much tell by now that I really like Catrice Nail polish! I picked this up a while ago after seeing a few really nice swatches online.  Plus I think the name is pretty cute :)
Khaki perry is actually a bit weird. On my nails it doesn't really show off any great tinges of green. It's more of a dirty light silver colour. It looks matte in some of the pictures but that's only because I didn't bother with a top coat. It's more of a metallic finish.

The colour vaires widely depending on the lighting of the room you are in. People told me this was a lovely green so I think the Khaki side comes in more in shaded areas.
 Application was smooth and easy. 2 coats over a basecoat of Stargazer 114. I have looked at other swatches online and some look really streaky. I didn't have a problem with streaking whatsoever so don't let that put you off.
Like all Catrice polish this dried really quickly.

I'm not in love with this polish but it did the job! I was just looking to wear a polish and I hadn't worn this yet. I'm not sure if I would wear this again on it's own. It might need some jazzing up with glitter and whatnot.


Cute name and the quality is great. Not overwhelming but still nice to have and it might be a nice choice as a break between a series of bright or dark polish mani's.

Oh and I made my first purchase from the BornPretty store last night. I had like €1.18 left on a voucher and I hate to waste them so I bought my first nail wheel :) Nothing Major but it'll make swatching and practicing nail art far easier.

Cuti-CLUE-les





17 comments:

  1. Catrice polish always looks lovely, I wish we had it over here! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think most of my favourite polishes come from Catrice! Especially there older stuff.

      Delete
  2. Interesting color. And I love nail wheels. It gets some getting used to, but it's nice that your poor cuticles don't have to go through five cleanings with acetone before getting something you like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I'll be able to keep a mani on until I practice whatever design I want to do.

      Delete
  3. I think it looks nice on you :) I'm sure it would look great with some nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm thinking nail art would be the job for this. Now I just have to find some designs :P

      Delete
  4. I love Catrice polishes. This one looks pretty good on you, and if you don't want to wear it on its own, you can always use it as a base for nail art. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the plan! It's nice and I don't want to waste it.

      Delete
  5. I have the same polish, but I have never worn the polish before. I don't know. I'm not really into the color I guess.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely needs some nail art or something to make it pop :)

      Delete
  6. Ahhhh, Catrice and Essence, same company that makes great polishes. I can't get them where I live, so sad!!! I have to prowl eBay. The brand Anny looks nice too, can't get those either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awful :( I'm sure you can get some pretty amazing brands that we can't get here though :D

      Delete
  7. When I lived in Holland, they had Catrice everywhere but the colours just didn't appeal to me. The ones that you have shown here on your blog are much better. I think this one would look great with some colour - maybe a neon crackle?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's so sweet :D
      A neon crackle over this would be amazing :O

      Delete
    2. Yeah I see my comment now. It wasn't here when I checked last time! *hates Blogger!* I'll just delete my other comment then!

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No it's still here :P It's right above this comment :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les