09 June 2012

Oh...holo there!

Hey all!

This is one of the essence special effects toppers I picked up in my essence haul HERE. I have 3 of these toppers but I have my eye on two more ;) hopefully I can pick them up before they are all gone!!

 Hello holo is a holographic polish (duh! :P ). It's realy a clear based polish with a heap of holographic glitters jammed in.
This polish is a nightmare to photograph!! I had well over 200 pictures on my camera and I barely got enough so show you the beauty of this polish.
I actually wore this about two weeks ago but I couldn't face going through all of the images and editing them so I hid them away for a while :P

I have my usual stargazer 114 basecoat followed by 3 coats of Essence Hello Holo and a coat of Essence Quick dry top coat.
Next time I will layer this over a silver polish. This would hide any bald spots and you wouldn't need to do as many coats :)
I just added in all my pictures below. It's the best way to show off the polish :)












Drying time was perfect as is the norm with essence polish. It was easy to apply and lasted ages without chipping. Removal was a pain in the arse! I have never spent so long trying to remove glitter from one nail! And to make it more annoying I am still finding glitter on my nails almost 3 weeks later! I think this is partly due to the fact that I use acetone free nail polish remover. It is worth it though. Especially if you live in an area that gets a decent amount of sun ie anywhere but Ireland :P

Get this polish if you don't already have it! it's really a great, versatile polish with endless combinations and it will suit every colour.

I'll be posting my Summer challenge later on. I was so busy doing another mani that I forgot to edit the pictures but it will be up! It took me a while to do too so I really hope ye check it out and let me know what ye think :)

Cuti-CLUE-les

19 comments:

  1. wow this is great! it has a really strong holographic effect in all of your pictures :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It looks 10 times better in real like! It's amazing

      Delete
  2. Have you tried putting slow drying top coat on before removing a glitter? It softens everything. Also I did a post on using artifical nail remover by Kiss to remove glitter, it has a built in brush in the container. It has acetone though, but its not drying because it has lemon and orange oils in it. Awesome stuff, its easy and fast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a great tip I'll definitely try that out next time! Removal kind of out me off wearing it again but if this works then it's going back on my nails :P

      Delete
  3. I absolutely love "Hello Holo". I bought a bottle in Germany, and I worship it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous, stunning, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Replies
    1. You should see it in person. It will blow your mind. So pretty!

      Delete
  6. Naice naice! That's the annoying thing about glitters. They never bloody come off!! Can I get essence in the UK? Never seen it before!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think you can at the moment unless you try penny's (primark) I but all of my essence polish in penny's so they might get it in there.

      Delete
    2. Interesting! Will be sure to check it out!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. It really is stunning. Glad you like it too :)

      Delete
  8. It is amazing! I wish I could buy Essence around here :( At least I can be happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the rainbows in holos! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les