11 June 2012

Monday blues

Hey all!

After all the nail art I managed this weekend I decided to give my nails a break and just paint them one colour for the week (major nail art planned for next weekend too). So as usual I went for an untried polish just to lighten the load and make way for some newbies. I picked up nails inc bluebell for 2 reasons: 1) I have it on my future posts list that you can find HERE and (2) It was the closest one too me. Very complex process of polish picking I'm sure you will agree :P

 Well first off the cap was an absolute bitch to get off! I had to get someone to open it for me. So it lost a point there. Another point gone for application. It went on like water. So streaky and it dragged everywhere. The formula was thick and really hard to spread evenly.2 points taken off for that. So onto the colour. It's nearly a shade darker than it looks in the bottle which really sucks. I love light blues especially pastel ones. This does not suit my skin tone at all! Might be grand for a pedicure though.

All in all- Major disappointment!
 In the pictures I have on my usual stargazer basecoat and 2 layers of Nails inc Bluebell topped off with a coat of Essence quick dry topcoat.

Looking at it now a third coat is needed on a few nails. I can see a good few bald spots even though I was careful enough applying it.

You do get 10ml of product in the bottle but I wouldn't pay €12 for one. I really love Piccadilly arcade but it is just not worth that much money for the quality of polish you get.

I couldn't get a picture of this outside but it made my nails look like those fake impress stick on nails. It does not sit right on my nail which sounds unusual but it looked like it was sooo thick as if it had 7-8 layers instead of 2. It actually looked like it was part neon too. I love me a good neon but this looks ridiculous.

I'm off to take change my manicure. The only good point of this polish is tjhat is looks nice when I'm typing but that's not much of a selling point is it?

Cuti-CLUE-les

22 comments:

  1. What a disappointment! I hate the bottles that don't open easily!
    It's a shame it didn't end up good, but it might look better on the toesies :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg it is such a pain! I actually thought it was glued on :O
      I hope so because it looks so nice in the bottle :)

      Delete
  2. Awhh, poor you!
    I think i wouldnt even finish swatching te colour when the application is such a disaster!
    I do love the colour though;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I hadn't bothered to be honest! such a waste of time.
      It's a great colour :) Just not on me :P

      Delete
  3. How strange, I've always found bluebells formula to be ok. Peach sorbet however (one of the other freebie polishes) was an absolute pain in the arse, really streaky and needed 3-4 coats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I skipped that one because I thought it would be a dupe of Barry M peach melba! I think peach is a really hard polish to work with anyway. Like yellow.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The colour looks amazing on the first pic!! Looks more grey-ish. I've been looking for that colour for a while now, but I guess this won't be it. Booo.

    BTW this is totally an awesome polish for secretaries..........

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg that is where they should market it!

      Hmm China glaze electric beat is similar and so is Essie lapis of luxury :)

      Delete
  6. I got this polish and love it- it went on really well for me! and lasted well also. Does look nice on toes though- its what I have on mine now!x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I just got a bad bottle!
      I'm still seriously disappointed with this brand.

      Delete
  7. No matter what, it looks great on your nails, very pretty. Can't wait to try mine, thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you have better luck with yours :)

      Delete
  8. Ugh, that's a bummer!!
    The only bottle I've had opening issues with was a Kleancolor. It sucks if you have to ask for help, yikes! :D
    It does look pretty good on you though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah i was so disappointed. Really puts me off the brand.
      Thanks :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. The lavender tones are really strong in this polish now that you mention it.

      Delete
  10. hmm. well I like the way it looks on you, but there's no excuse for a bottle that won't open and then goes on watery. i know you can thin polishes but I wish there was a way to thicken them up when you need to lol unless you just left the top off for a while haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am seriously let down by nails inc most of the time. I really don't see how they can justify that much money for a really shoddy bottle with an awful formula! Baffles the mind :P

      Delete
  11. Looks like a lavender to me too. I will wrap a rubber band around the cap if I have trouble opening a bottle. It usually works. Bummer for the bad bottle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh that is such a good idea. I'll keep that in mind!!

      Delete
  12. I was lucky enough to have a UK friend send me this. I have yet to try it but it looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lovely colour but my skin is far to pale for it :P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les