05 June 2012

Gettin' miss piggy with it

Hey all!

 I have had this bottle for well over 7 months now and this is the first time I have properly worn it...I know I am actually so ashamed BUT I have good reason for this. As you know I swatch everything before I buy it just so I don't waste what little money I have :P Well this looked so nice in the swatches so I ran out and bought it (alongside another 3 polishes) came home, swatched it and I was not happy! 2 coats and it wasn't opaque. A huge problem in my books and it was relegated to the back of the untried pile. Well I had a craving for something soft and sweet on my nails so out it came so I could finally give it a proper chance.

Here we have Catrice Miss Piggy Reloaded.I have to say I adore the colour.It's just such a nice, simple baby-ish pink with a hint of shimmer. I got quiet a few compliments on this colour even though it is not as bright and in your face as most pink polishes are.

I think this looks so nice on my nails at this length but I am sure it'll look great, if not better, on longer nails
 I have on my usual stargazer 114 basecoat and 3 coats of Miss Piggy reloaded. this polish is actually really glossy on it's own. This polish was discontinued recently which I am actually really disappointed by :( I am not a huge pink fan (although I have gathered a load of pink polish recently) but this one is just really nice and goes well with my skin tone. It's definitely one to wear on days when I don't want to gather to much attention. Drying time was actually really good so I didn't mind the three coats.




Then I put on my topcoat and the bubbles appeared! You would not believe the amount of bubbling. Every single nail was completely covered. I was so annoyed like you would not believe. I had actually waited a good hour before putting on a topcoat. I didn't even notice it properly until I was taking pictures. I did keep this on for a few days. I ran out of nail polish remover and had to go and buy more (as seen in my little haul post HERE)
 Here is a close up of the bottle which really shows off the little hint of shimmer in this polish.
I am blaming the topcoat for the bubbling. It looked grand before hand. I will be wearing this polish again. In fact I even played around with my striping tape to try and make this look better but that was a bit of a fail :P. You can see that in tomorrow's Summer challenge mani :)

What do ye think of Miss piggy? Weird name but I kind of like it :D

Cuti-CLUE-les



19 comments:

  1. Love it...It's seems like a very Lady-Like pink!

    Horrible about the bubbles though..I hate that!

    If it's glossy enough you could wear it without a topcoat? I actually love the name..so cute! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is fairly glossy on its own. I wear a topcoat to stop chips though :(
      I still really like it though :D

      Delete
  2. I used to be like you- Not being a huge fan of pink, but somehow accumulating a lot of pink polishes. I now like pinks (although, I hate the stereotype that girls love pink, so I try to not wear them all the time). I really like this pink!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I know what you mean! I hate that stereotype :/

      Delete
  3. I think it definitely does go with your skin tone, I love pinks of all varieties=] that's terrible that your top coat did that, what kind are you using? I haven't had any trouble with my poshe or seche vite, but I have heard that when they get down past the halfway mark they need to be thinned out a bit or else bubbling happens...maybe that's what happens with other top coats too. bummer! it's still a nice shade =]

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Essence quick dry topcoat! I just used it there on my current mani and nothing happened so I think I put the layers on a bit thick.

      Delete
  4. It seems like a bit of an odd polish! First it wasn't opaque, then it looked okay once you tried it, then it bubbled! Lol, so weird! I do love the colour though, and the name is really cute! :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's a puzzling polish!
      It's worth it for the colour :)

      Delete
    2. Good to hear :) also hun I awarded you on my blog! xx

      Delete
  5. It looks great on you! It's weird about the bubbling - I wonder why that happened! I love the name BTW :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D I am actually really confused by it haha I think I layered it on a bit thick :P

      Delete
  6. Ahh this is soooooo gorgeous, I'm a massive pink polish fan so I'm a bit gutted this is discontinued as I would definitely be buying it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd say you could find it somewhere. They are always about for a while after they are discontinued :)

      Delete
  7. Great pink! I'm not a pink fan too but shimmery pink looks great on you :)

    And bubbles...I heard that bubbles are mainly made by humidity and heat, which means if it's too hot (like warm hands) or too humid it'll happen. To avoid, put your polish in the freezer (not fridge, FREEZER) for a while (more than an hour will be great) so it'll dry before bubbles will come up. This also helps fast drying too!

    Actually Japanese summer is really hot and humid so bubble is very general problem for us. Lots of discussion were made about it for long time, and tip above is most well-known way to avoid bubble...So seriously, there're lots of JP nail addicts who are keeping their polish in the freezer! XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip Chiro! I'm going to keep that in mind for my next mani :D It would be amazing if it worked :)

      Delete
  8. I saw this colour before and I thought was nothing special now I want it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I am always changing my mind with polish :)

      Delete
  9. Oh I also have this nail polish:D It's super cute

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les