26 June 2012

ET phone home...

Hey all!

I'm in a fierce slump lately. Didn't even do my workout :( I was planning on going to town to buy more nail polish but because I didn't really make an effort with my fitness thingy I cancelled it :(  Although nail mail really cheered me up :D More on that soon ;) Today I thought I would show you the manicure I have on right now.
The minute I put Illamasqua Monogamous on my nails I fell head of heals for it. The is more of a flesh toned polish than a nude. Several times I have reached for something and though my fingers were after getting longer like E.T's! I swear to god I had a mini heart attack each time.

If you follow me on twitter ( @Cuti-CLUE-les ) you'll know that I put this on after some nail art so please excuse the blue tinges around my nails. I drowned by fingers with acetone nail polish remover and still it won't budge! That nail art was inspired by one of you too so keep an eye out for that on Friday! I'm so excited about it!!!

I have on my usual Stargazer 114 basecoat (I bet your all praying for that to feck off and dry up by now haha). I have on two coats of Illamasqua Monogamous and that's it!

I love Monogamous! Like seriously love it! The finish is just stunning. So unique and just plain beautiful. My close up here really does not do this polish any justice. It's a complete bitch to capture accurately I'm afraid but colour wise these are grand!
Without a shadow of a doubt, one of my favourite polishes ever. I'm so grateful to Claire at GiveMePolish for giving this to me as I would never had experienced it overwise.

One problem and it's a biggie. My right hand. It was grand at first, not as smooth as my left but it was grand. Then I got cocky and threw on a topciat thinking it'll enhance the polish even more. Awful idea! A topcoat completely ruins the look of this polish. It also highlights each and every flaw. Even the teeny tiny ones, and magnifies them! So when I got my nail mail I painted over it :D Now I have ET fingers on my left and a rainbow on my right.

Oh and did you see their so-called "great deal"? "Free international shipping!" and then when you open the email "on orders over £75". Seriously for an order like that I would expect free shipping!!

On a happier note, Does anyone watch Diners, drive ins and dives? I am in love with Guy Fieri. There was an episode on there and he was at an Irish pub, His pronunciation of the place was woeful but it was hilarious!
*EDIT*
And I just found him on twitter. Commencing mission "make him my husband".

Cuti-CLUE-les

14 comments:

  1. I love the look of nude/flesh toned polishes but I just feel boring when I wear it :( It suits you so much though! Looking forward to seeing the nail art :D x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I have plans to jazz this up a bit already haha I love it but I like to change things :P

      Delete
  2. That. Color. Is. Gorgeous! I feel like with the right shimmery topcoat, it would look even more amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good idea! I'll have to keep an eye out for one

      Delete
  3. beautiful=] i can't stop loving nude colors, they're so perfect always!


    and we gotta get you into some channing tatum or something for real guy fieri? is it the sunglasses cause i'm sure most guys would agree to wearing them backwards for a girl lol idk my dad loves his show, and even has a book (he's a cooking freak) but I don't see it...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nudes are like the best polish to have in your stash!You can team them up with anything. So versatile.

      haha I love him! He's so frickin american but he's so funny :D You would probably cry if I mentioned my type on here :P

      Delete
  4. I'm always drooling over nude colours but when they're on my nails I just can't wait to put on a blue or something hehe it's strange! It does look amazing on you though!!
    haha love you twitter stalking hun :-P can't wait to see what you had in your nail mail!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. one hand is still perfect but I love my rainbow hand :P
      It should be up this week :D

      Delete
  5. Weird that topcoat messed it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it? and I mean it looks so messed up! Like you wouldn't think I put the same polish on my left and right hand.

      Delete
  6. I just realised that I wasn't following your blog anymore! I thought I hadn't heard from you for a while and then found out I'd been taken out of your followers! I'm going to fix this now haha.

    Mollie xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha that's so weird!! :O I'm glad you're fixing it though :D

      Delete
  7. This is a lovely nude, I like how it's more flesh toned than beige.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! It's definitely unique to my stash :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les