17 June 2012

Essence-tial polish

Hey all!

The weekend has been AWFUL so far! I do a lot of nail art at the weekend so I can just wear what ever I want during the week. So I started off on Friday and it took so frickin' long that I had to wait until the morning to take pictures and it looked so bad. I was devestated. I have so many to do so I went on to the next one and it looks ok (I'm still wearing it) but I just can't get it to look good. Then about an hour ago I was looking for my Blog usb where I keep all of my pictures and it's all cracked and broken and I am freaking out praying that it hold up until I can get a new one. This is jst not my week :(
Anyway on to the post :)
Probably the best thing from this week is Essence Sparkling Water lily. I adore this polish! Essence are just so great for the variety of colours and finishes they have. This was part of my Essence Haul HERE and is actually one I hadn't heard of before. I got so excited buying polish that day and it looked pretty in the bottle so I grabbed it :D So glad I did!!
 In these pictures I have my usual base coat of Stargazer 114 and 3 coats of Essence Sparkling water-lily. the tips are not as noticeable in real life but my camera really focuses on them.
I know 3 coats sounds like a lot BUT Essence dry so quickly so you can easily build them up in a short space of time.

This is a gorgeous sheer shimmery polish. It's the exact colour and finish of a pearl stone which is gorgeous. It lasted 3 days with no chips! Application was perfect.
 This is how it looks during the day. I think this is a great subtle polish. I'll definitely wear this on days when I'm not really feeling bright bold colours. I always wear certain polish colours depending on my mood so this will probably get a lot of use (haha).
Essence sells for €1.29 here so you can easily stock up on them even if you are on a budget. You get a 5ml bottle which I always thought was pointless but I never use up a big bottle and I'm starting to think smaller bottle are better. Then when I run out I can replace it without feeling bad about buying more polish :P


 If you can get your hands on essence polish then I highly recommend this polish! The last picture is the most accurate in terms of opacity after three coats.

How's your weekend going?

Cuti-CLUE-les

26 comments:

  1. Ooh pretty polish. Would be nice for work. I like smaller polishes. Cheaper and I have NEVER finished a bottle of regular polish so might as well get a smaller bottle and more of them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly!! Plus if you hate the polish you can use it up so quickly :P

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I totally agree :) Probably one of my favourites!

      Delete
  3. That is a very pretty color on you! Sorry to hear about your weekend! I have those days, too. I'm sure it will get better!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous!!! I don't have this polish, cry, cry!! ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this. Like, so much. And I love that there is someone out here who thinks pearly whites are as gorgeous as I do. I've got a couple different versions of a Sally Hansen Nail Prism pearly white with some duochrome to give them the off white, shimmery look of a real pearl, but the pure whiteness of Spakling Water Lily is really stunning.
    My weekend so far is lovely. DH and I got a lot accomplished this morning, had a tasty nap, and are ready to barbecue and settle in for the evening. I hope your Sunday fares better and that your usb holds out. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I would like they but they just look so good on your nails! Especially in the sun.
      Your weekend sounds lovely!!
      Thank you :) I think a drop of super glue might do the job haha.

      Delete
  6. I'm sorry to hear about your troublesome week! I cross my fingers that your blog USB stays alive for a little bit longer!
    Essence is such a fantastic polish, I love that brand :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rainbowify!
      I completely agree with you, such a fab brand

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I think I have to buy a back up :P x

      Delete
  8. We all have days when we just can't get anything to look good. I've had a few mani's lately that I'm not really happy with. Sometimes I just don't have the time to focus on them as much as I'd like.

    This polish is beautiful, such a lovely neutral colour :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly how it is! It's really disappointing.

      Delete
  9. Essence is such a nice brand, it is hard to find here. I get turned off by the small bottles. I feel like I'm getting ripped off, plus I fear the polish will dry out quickly. But I totally understand, I've never finished a bottle of regular nail polish either.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always thought the same! Especially with opi mini polish bottles. I think they are such a good way to dry out the polish but they are actually smaller than the essence polish which is ridiculous!!

      Delete
  10. Pretty shade. The bottles are really small but they still last a while.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really do last for a decent amount of time.

      Delete
  11. OOOOh, you have so pretty nails ♥
    How did you get them?

    Kitty

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les