29 June 2012

Day 24 in the Summer challenge house- Snoopy nail art

Hey all!


Challenge 24- Underneath the stars


Today's challenge was inspired by the lovely Marianne aka Rainbowify me! She mentioned on my Scooby doo post that her favourite cartoon as a young'un was Snoopy. As I was doing a bit of googling the last day I thought I might as well google snoopy! It's been years since I've seen him.

  What's this got to do with the challenge?  Well here is the picture that inspired me:
from Blingee
and Here are my nails!:

 Now this explains the mani for challenge 23! :D I had just started on this when I copped on that the colour scheme would work for both.

Again if you follow me on twitter you'll know I wanted to keep this on for longer. But I changed them to Illamasqua Monogamous. Right after I had taken snoopy off I copped on that I could have kept him on as an accent nail :( You live and you learn!

This took a bit longer just because the yellow I have on Woodstock (the birdy) would not show up! In the end I just mixed it with a bit of white and that seemed to make it work a bit better :)
 For this mani I have my Stargszer 114 basecoat, 2 coats of Stargazer 105 (metallic blue) and a coat of Catrice Run Forest Run on the tips. All of the other details are free handed using acrylic paint.

My stars are kind of crap but I couldn't get them as thin as I wanted with the brush I was using.

I was afraid that the stargazer blue would be too dark for the details to show up but I think it's the perfect night's sky colour.

I have a load of mani's to prepare! I was so sack last weekend but hopefully I can get some serious work done this weekend :P

Cuti-CLUE-les

35 comments:

  1. OMG I love this!! Such a great job. Really. You should be proud! Pinned. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks kaki :D I'm super proud of this one

      Delete
  2. my gosh, everytime I look at your nail art I am amazed!! you're so talented!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is such a nice comment thank you so much!

      Delete
  3. This is just amazing! Blown away! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Just... wow!
    I'm glad I can be your inspiration, and ... wow, you made such a fantastic mani out of it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I'm really glad you like it :D

      Delete
  5. my god, this is .. fantastic!! Seriously great work! *thumbs up*
    (and another Snoopy fan here :D)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok now I want to roast marshmallows and make smores! You are too good at this

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no idea about smores but they sound good :D

      Delete
    2. Smores are where you take 2 graham crackers, put a piece of chocolate and a roasted marshmallow in the middle of them and eat it! SOOO yummy! The hot marshmallow makes the chocolate go soft and its a ooey gooey goodness

      Delete
    3. I can't believe they don't have smores in Ireland, shame on them! I must send you a smore "kit" in your box! Whenever I actually do that haha

      Delete
    4. Jen gave the perfect description!

      Delete
    5. haha a smore kit :P love it!

      Delete
  7. You're awesomee..
    Can I ask how did you make the Snoopy? Since I'm new into nail :)

    Anyway really love your nail art!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      I just get a really small brush and use black acrylic paint to make the general shape of him. Then I fill it in with white acrylic paint and add on the details with a smaller brush :)

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the kind information :)

      Delete
  8. Holy hell,this is FANTASTIC! Absolutely amazing, you're brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is incredibly amazing. Once again I will say it, I'm so jealous! Wait until you see my Summer Challenge nails, they don't compare haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. As always you completely amaze me with your nail art hun, you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You are an AMAZING Talent!!! I can not do anything remotely close to this. WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, I love it! You are so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Shayleen :) I'm really proud of this one!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les