22 June 2012

Day 20 in the Summer Challenge House- Jungle Book nail art

Hey all,

Challenge 20:  Jungle Mani or parrots 

I am so excited for today's mani!

The Jungle Book is one of the films that I always picture when I think of the jungle so naturally I had to do a Jungle book nail art manicure for this challenge. This is fairly picture heavy just to warn ye!
 I.Love.It. I am seriously getting through Disney film manicures way to quickly. They are so much fun to do though!

From left to right I have Baloo, Mowgli, Bagheera and kaa.

Myself and Kaa had a little falling out when I tried to paint him on so I cut off half of his head. That'll teach him not to mess with me :P



As with all my nail art I have on my Stargazer 114 base coat. I never know how long I'll be keeping my nail art on so stain prevention is a necessary step. All of the details, including the background, are done in acrylic paint.

This didn't take that long. I started of with Baloo because he's my favourite :) I did Mowgli last because I knew there would be problems with getting his face to look human :P I think he came out grand though.


Baloo Nail art

Bagheera nail art
Mowgli nail art

Kaa nail art
A made a tiny boo boo on Bagheera's face when I used dark blue instead of black around his mouth. It wasn't noticeable until I uploaded the pictures. No harm! I'm still really pleased with this. If I ever do a Jungle Book nail art theme again I'll probably change Kaa for the baby elephant :P



What's your favourite Disney film? :)

Cuti-CLUE-les

34 comments:

  1. OMMGGGGGG THIS IS SO AMAZING! I hate you, I'll never be able to compete with your skill in the summer challenge. AHHHHHHHHHHH it's so good thoughhhh! I think maybe your best but that may be because I love the jungle book so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks so much Alexis! Glad you like it :D

      Delete
  2. This is freehand? You are aMAZing!!! Perfect likenesses.
    My favorite Disney film is a tossup between The Lion King and Beauty and the Beast.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yup all freehand :) Thank you!!
      Oh the lion king! I knew I forgot a film. That's going on the list, thanks for reminding me :D

      Delete
  3. This is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you like them :)

      Delete
  5. ZOMG These are amazing! Truly truly amazing. You did such a good job!! I hope you're proud of yourself because these are really top notch. /end gushing =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha no no keep gushing :P Seriously thank you though! I'm really happy everyone seems to like them.

      Delete
  6. You did a great job with them all. Kaa sure learned not to mess with you! LOL :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I bet he's kicking himself now he's not part of the gang :D
      Thanks rainbowify!

      Delete
  7. These are so good, Baloo came out great :D
    My fav Disney cartoon is defo Beauty and the Beast

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baloo is my favourite one :) He looks so happy :D
      I Love that film. I am dying to watch it again

      Delete
  8. They look so great!!

    My favorite Disney film is Oliver and Company, but I love Aladdin as well. Along with almost every other Disney movie lol. I do prefer the movies about animals to the ones about humans though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg me too! the animals are always so much better :D thank you!x
      I've never heard of Oliver and company. I must look into it ;)

      Delete
  9. As always, amazing nail art! I'm totally jealous of your amazing nail art skills :P

    p.s I LOVE THE JUNGLE BOOK!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks you Katie! that's so sweet :) x

      Delete
  10. OMG! You're so talented in doing nail art! Love it xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful!! I wish I could draw like you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks beautyshades. That's really sweet :) x

      Delete
  12. Wonderful! I was a Snow White fanatic as a kid, so that's my favorite Disney classic; of the newer ones, I like Lilo & Stitch best.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh I'm actually planning a snow white one at the moment! I think it'll have to be 3 separate manicures though :O

      Thanks Karen :D x

      Delete
  13. OMG, this is completely amazing! AWESOME!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mishka! I'm really happy you think so :) x

      Delete
  14. absolutely priceless! pure genius m'dear xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. your artwork is AMAZING!!! You're so, so talented!!!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les