20 June 2012

Day 19 in the Summer Challenge house

Hey all!


Challenge 19: Ice cream Sundae


I kept it simple for today's challenge. This is Barry M Berry Ice cream. I love this polish so much. I waited months before I bought it because the price put me off. I had only tried Peach Melba before this and I hated it so I was iffy of the brand to say the least. I'm glad I picked it up in the end! The formula was far better than I had imagined and it apply's like a dream.

However this polish is a nightmare to capture accurately on my camera. It automatically changes to a straight lilac colour while the polish is actually more of a pinky purple.

This is a great polish to wear in the summer!
 In the pictures I have my usual stargazer 114 basecoat, 2 coats of Berry ice cream and a coat of Essence quick dry top coat.

This took a while to dry on my ring finger. Not an excessive amount of time but longer than what I am accustom too with Barry m. I'm not sure what's to blame for that to be honest with you! I might have layered it on one nail a bit too thickly.

Also while this only needed 2 coats sometimes I do need a third but it's not that big of a deal. On short nails two coats maximum!
I really wanted to get the rest of this collection- Lemon (pastel yellow) Blueberry (sky blue) strawberry (baby pink) to really make it an ice-cream sundae but when I went to town to get them the stand was so empty. It was ridiculous. I also wanted to get bar glitter for the sprinkles but there was nothing in the shop. *sigh*

I still love this colour :D





What's your favourite ice cream flavour? I love mint chocolate chip!!

Cuti-CLUE-les



18 comments:

  1. I love this colour too :-) Too bad about not finding the other ice cream colours! I hate it when that happens!
    My fave is Cherry Garcia by Ben and Jerry's! Hmmm lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was so disappointed but that's pretty typical with the barry m stand. I contacted them but didn't get a reply :(

      Oh that sounds amazing!! I must try!!! :D

      Delete
  2. Barry M is one of my favourite brands! Love the ice cream collection

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I just wish their stand was better stocked here :P

      Delete
  3. This looks really pretty on you! It does remind me of black raspberry ice cream! Mmmm... Yum :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That sounds amazing too :O

      Delete
  4. I love the Barry M ice cream colors, they are so pretty! I wish I could walk into a store and buy Barry M, so jealous! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like them! That's true :) I just wish they kept their stands up to date :D

      Delete
  5. Gorgeous colour, one of my fave! :)
    btw, ASOS is my "go to" online store for Barry M - RRP (£2.99) & FREE delivery! :) Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been looking at that for a while now! I think they are €4.09 for Ireland but it's still great! Thanks for the suggestion :)

      Delete
  6. I love this colour, but I don't own it -Have Strawberry & Blueberry for now :)
    My favourite ice cream is usually anything chocolately! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the look of the strawberry one. So light and pretty!
      Oh Ben and Jerrys have the best chocolately ones :D

      Delete
  7. I love Barry M, and I love berry ice cream it's such a lovely colour :) My favorite ice cream is definitely mint choc chip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wooo for mint choco chip :D !!
      I agree this polish is just so pretty. Even though I don't wear it that often I still love it :)

      Delete
  8. The color looks flawless! I know what you mean about it being a nightmare to photograph, though. I often have the same problem when I try to take pictures of my mani. Great blog, by the way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I take so many pictures to try and get it accurate an I got like 2 from 100 haha.

      Thank you :D

      Delete
  9. Gurrrrl, your nails are AWESOME! And my fav is anything coffee flavored. Or cookie dough. Or sherbert. Basically, anything ice cream. =P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh! thanks :D
      Oooh cookie dough is great!:P

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les