16 June 2012

Day 17 in the Summer Challenge house- Scooby doo nail art

Hey all!

Hope yer all doing well :) I have been having major pangs to buy polish for the last week! I'm thinking of doing a post about the ones that grabbed my attention last month. Hmm watch this space!


Challenge 17: Hippie/ Retro / Summer of love


I have to say I love today's challenge!So many different ideas came along with this one and the colours are guaranteed to be amazingly bright and fun so I cannot wait to see the other girls' post :D In the end I went with scooby doo :P

Would you like to see my latest concoction? ;)

Scooby-doo was my all time favourite cartoon when I was small. I could watch it for hours and I used to think I was a pure genius when I guessed the "villain" before they figured it out :P
If you have seen the show the first thing you notice is the hippie factor :P The big flower on the side of the van and the colours and of course Shaggy!They were probably all high as kites hence the talking dog and the really scary monsters that turned out to be people? I don't know but I love Scooby-doo! He is just so adorable.



I had to paint his ears on my skin because I ran out of room and I really didn't want to make him any smaller.
I had spent forever trying to make a nice brown colour using my paints. I mixed every colour you could think of and nothing. Then I noticed what I had initially thought was my crimson red paint was actually a redish brown! I swear I would have been so mad if it wasn't for the fact it was the perfect match for Scooby-doo :P It would have come in so handy for my super mario inspired manicure HERE.

Anywho all of the details are done in acrylic abar the orange flower. This has an orange acrylic base but it wasn't bright enough for my liking so I went over it with my Nails inc Atomic polish which is a bright neon-ish polish. I love this so much but it is going down so quickly in the bottle :( I topped it off with a layer of Essence quick dry topcoat.


 I am really liking the bright blue/acid green combination. Definitely a colour combination I will try out on its own in the future. Finally you can see my little sketch below. This was one of the easiest nail art pieces I have done for this challenge.I kept this on for a while after but then I had a bath and his ears fell off :( I should have put a drop or two of my topcoat of them too.



 What was your favourite cartoon as a young'un? :)


Cuti-CLUE-les

20 comments:

  1. This is so cute; too bad his ears fell off though! I loved Scooby-Doo too. When we used to take road trips and I had no perception of time, my parents would measure the time left in "Scooby-Doo shows" Haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that is so adorable!! Yeh I wish they stayed on for a day at least :P

      Delete
  2. Scooby! This is adorable! I used to watch Scooby-Doo when I was young, but the show that I remember most vividly from my childhood is Blue's Clues! I even owned a Blue stuffed animal, a mailbox, and a little sketch pad just like Steve's!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I remember blues clues! I was always gutted when he didn't get any post haha I didn't even know you could get the little mailbox. Jealous!!

      Delete
  3. This is too great! you are the shit at art=]

    I loved Scooby too, not so much a fan of the movies that came out in my teen years with real people in them..but I loved anything from Nickelodeon and Cartoon Network and especially Nick at Nite

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The movies were ridiculous. It just wasn't the same as the cartoon :)

      Haha thanks :D

      Delete
  4. This is too freaking cute! I LOVE LOVE LOVE IT! I'm totally going to suck compared to you in the summer challenge. I'm dreading the shame already.

    Since we're all telling our Scooby Doo stories I'll go too...when I was like 3 or something (I don't even remember) I was watching Scooby Doo and I wanted to look like Velma because she was smart(like those two things even related...) so I took my Grandma's scissors and cut all my long hair off. Then I had to go get it somewhat fixed and I cried because I thought I looked like a boy (I probably had reason to) haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha stop I'll probably be burnt out by then :P

      Omg that is awful! I can see why you would do it though :P

      Delete
  5. My favourite cartoon as a kiddo was Snoopy! :)
    Scooby Doo was never that big here, but I really like your take on the design! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I had a snoopy glass case when I was younger :P I still have it somewhere around the house :D

      Delete
  6. That's so amazing! I used to watch Scooby Doo as a kid, even if the monsters did scare me a bit. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! They were actually kind of scary for a kids show!!!

      Delete
  7. I used to watch scooby doo too, it was one of my favs :) this mani is so cute. I think it makes it even cuter that you had to paint his ears onto your skin instead of the nail, love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Katie! I had to include them or it would look awful weird :P

      Delete
  8. Hahaha I love your Scooby, so cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. your drawing/painting skills are impeccable!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm delighted you think that! x

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les