12 June 2012

Day 14 in the Summer Challenge House- Super Mario nail art

Hey all,


Challenge 14: Gardening


This one takes a bit of explaining but I think it's worth it :D
Super mario nail art
So as today's theme was gardening I was trying to think up a fun mani that related to it. I drew up a few designs but nothing really took my fancy. Then I noticed my game section ( yup I'm a super geek ha!) and that led to Super Mario nail art making an appearance :D Oh and I cut my nails shorter because you can't really do the gardening with long nails without suffering some serious breaks! ;)
If you can't tell there is a little hedge clippers beside Super Mario which he used to cut the plant instead of just jumping over him :) and he is doing a little victory jig to celebrate!


Showing Super mario's clippers in the corner


 The entire manicure is done using acrylic paint.
It is just far easier to mix and work with when doing tiny nail art designs. I was going to include more detail but I had wasted so much time coming up with the idea I decided to keep it simple and just do the main characters. I topped it off with a coat of Essence quick dry topcoat.

Here you can see the image from my game case that I used for inspiration. It's from New Super mario bros in case ye want to play the game :P
Super Mario nail art sketch

 Here's my little sketch. It looks way messier than this but I managed to cut out the worst bit with the camera angle :P I changed it about a bit on the nail but I still love the way it turned out :)
You can see my hobbit sketch from my previous challenge manicure in the top left hand corner :P
You can click on the images to make them bigger :)

Who is your favourite Super Mario character? I love Yoshi! So frickin' adorable!!!!

Cuti-CLUE-les



33 comments:

  1. This looks great!! It's nice to see a different take on "gardening'! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are too awesome at this! I mostly watched people play video games, but when I joined in it was either mario and a little mortal kombat. I don't have a fave character. I love these nails so much! when I got older I played kingdom hearts lol i'm lame.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha any game is a good game :P
      Awh thanks! You always leave the nicest comments :P

      Delete
  3. Haha, this is super cute. I never would have thought of including Mario in a garden theme! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a very weird mind!haha! and thank you :D

      Delete
  4. Are you spying on me to see what my favorite things are? lol First The Hobbit and now Mario! Mario was the first Nintendo game I played when I got the NES for Christmas when I was 8. 24 years later and hes still a favorite!

    I love this different take on the challenge, it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no the jig is up! I have one of my many leprechauns following you daily so I can woo you haha.

      thanks Jen! Mario is just the best game you can get!

      Delete
  5. Omg this is brilliant, you are soo talented! I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's really sweet of you to say Katie, thank you!

      Delete
  6. That is some crazy nail art skillz!! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the super Mario game. great manicure.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE how you used Mario! Such a fun and quirky mani, you have some mad skills lady :P x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Mali :D I'm trying to get better and I have loads of time to practice haha x

      Delete
  9. Wow, you've got skills!
    I love this mani, it's so much fun!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Arletta! I love fun mani's so expect a few more with this challenge ( I hope anyway haha)

      Delete
  10. This makes me smile so big--Mario with a hedge clippers--super cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so delighted that this made you smile Karen! Thank you x

      Delete
  11. Wow, this is amazing! Great job! I love Yoshi too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shayleen!! I think Yoshi needs his own mani :P

      Delete
    2. Definitely! That would be so cute!

      Delete
  12. wow, this is amazing! great job! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les