09 June 2012

Day 13 in the Summer Challenge house

Hey all!


Challenge 13: Summer Fete/Fayre 


So sorry for this being late today. I was exhausted! I am trying to do a few of the challenges this weekend so I can wear some of my new polishes this week :) Also I cut down my nails for the next challenge which might sound a bit odd but it'll make sense on Tuesday (I hope). I have already swatched a couple of polishes so don't be freaked out when they suddenly grow again tomorrow :P

For today's challenge we had to do a summer fete/fayre related manicure. The first thing that popped into my head (after google gave me zero ideas haha) was face painting! There is always a stand with a line of kids waiting to get their faces painted.Always! I picked out the four usual suspects- Bunny rabbit, tiger, bumblebee and butterfly-and painted them on :)

 This took a fair while to do. I started with the tiger and messed that up straight away :P I followed Emily's nail files tutorial HERE for the tigers face. I think it turned out pretty decent for a first go :) Although I probably shouldn't have put the tiger near the poor bunny rabbit :P
I used Nails inc Atomic for the base and then all of the details are done using acrylic paint.
For the bunny I have a base coat of Barry M Pink flamingo which needed 3 coats.  That's fairly normal for Barry M but I love the colour so it's worth it :) Again all of the details are done in acrylic paint.
For the Happy bumblebee I used Catrice Birdy reloaded as a basecoat (3 coats) doing the details in acrylic paint.
 Finally for the butterfly wing I sponged on Catrice Dirty Berry and Heavy Metallilac and then using my Kiss nail art striping brush in black I did the outline. I dotted on the white using my paintbrush because I couldn't find my dotting tools :P

I really like how this turned out  The Bumblebee is definitely my favourite :D He was so easy to draw on and it was so bright and summery.  I really like the butterfly wing. I've seen so many butterfly wing mani's but I never really got the whole trend. I definitely think it's one that you have to try out to really appreciate how unusual it looks on the nail and you can use any colour you like!

I think that's all I have to say for this one! I hope to have more nail art in my next few challenges. I find it really hard to get the details nice and neat. I think I need to get some new brushes.
I'll leave you with one last picture. I always find it easier to do nail art if I sketch out a rough plan of it first. It's a great way of testing out colour combinations too!

Which one is your favourite? Also would ye like to see more nail art in the future or just plain and simple manicure's? or both? :D

Cuti-CLUE-les

14 comments:

  1. I love your nail art! I think I like the bee the best as well, so cheery, but they are all great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks Jen!! I was tempted to do the bee for tomorrows challenge too but I have a new plan ;)

      Delete
  2. I like the butterfly wing the best, but the bee is super cute!
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the bumble bee! And I want to do butterfly wing nails soon, got to let them grow longer though x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean it is really hard to do nail art on short nails. I can't wait to see your mani though :D

      Delete
  4. The bee is so cute:) Very well done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Beautyshades :) I love my little bee :D

      Delete
  5. The bee is my fav, it's soo darn cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I could have left him on for a while :( I'll have to do a full mani with him soon :P

      Delete
  6. omg!! I love your bunny! you are super great at this nail art stuff=]

    I haven't gotten into the butterfly mani thing either, while I do think they look pretty I can't see myself wanting a whole mani done in them..

    you did a fantastic job on these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much! I spend ages doing them so it's nice when they turn out decent enough :)

      I completely agree. I know even if I did a whole mani I wouldn't want to wear it that long. Maybe a day or so

      Delete
  7. I like the cute bumblebee!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les