08 June 2012

Day 12 in the Summer Challenge house- jason mraz, Hobbit and neon nail art

Hey all!


Challenge 12: HOT HOT HOT combo

First off I just want to thank you all for following! I just hit 100 followers last night and I am so happy. I really appreciate every comment I get and I love waking up and checking my emails to see what you all have to say so THANK YOU!!xx

Now on to the challenge :P This was an absolute pain in the arse. I'm not going to lie I spent AGES trawling through blogs, tweeting people looking for ideas, asking for help on facebook and going through an unholy amount of pinterest pictures and nothing struck me. So I decided to take a different route entirely and show you three items that are rocking my boat at the moment :D

Number one: Music
Jason Mraz Nail art - Love Album
 Jason Mraz is just one of my favourite singers ever! I listen to the "Love is a four letter word" album every night before I go to sleep and it is just so soothing and so powerful at the same time. Plus he is incredibly sexy so that is always a plus :D If ye get a chance listen to "Everything is sound", " 93 million miles" and " I won't give up". Such beautiful songs. For my Jason Mraz inspired nail art I just have my No7 white base (3 coats), Catrice Birdy reloaded (yellow), Miss Sporty Red tango (red), Catrice Run Forest Run (green) and Stargazer 105(blue). I layered them all over similar acrylic paints just to make them stand out a bit more.

Number two: Reading
The Hobbit Nail art 
I am a book nerd I have no shame in admitting it :D With the Hobbit film coming out in December I decided it was high time to read the book. I love the print on the cover so I decided to replicate it! I wanted to do The Hobbit nail art but I did not go into much detail.Quick and fairly easy. I only came up with this idea like 2 hours ago so I had to do all of these manicures quickly so I could edit them and post this challenge before going to bed :) All the details are done in acrylic paint except for the sky which is Stargazer 105 and the sun is Nails inc Atomic.

Number 3: Neon nails
Neon Orange and pink nail art
I am in love with neon polish at the moment (as is most of the blogging world) but I don't really own any really neon's (like the ones that might blind you if you look at it in the wrong lighting) so I went for Nail inc OMP! (really bright neonish pink) on my middle and pinky fingers and Nails inc Atomic (actually quite a neon orange) on my index and ring fingers. I am eyeing up Models own Hedonist and Beach party so hopefully they might be coming to live with me in the near future :D 2 coats of each polish is all that was needed.

I think that's it :) This challenge was not fun at all I have to say. It really annoyed me that I couldn't think of anything except fires and Barbecues :(  I'm glad I found something to relate to it though! I'm after doing all three of these in the space of an hour. It's just gone 12.30 at night here so I'm still early with the challenge haha.

What's rocking your boat at the moment? :)

Cuti-CLUE-les

25 comments:

  1. Such commitment to the challenge!!!! Love love the Hobbit nails. Wish I coulda seen them up close!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I am in for the long haul :P
      thanks :D

      Delete
    2. Forgot to say congrats on 100 followers. Amazing!!! Take that Pinterest meanies hehe

      Delete
  2. Love the Jason Mraz nails ;)& congratulations on 100 followers! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first one is so CUTE! i love it :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the 100 followers! The hobbit nails look really great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Hobbit is my all time favorite book!!! Those are amazing

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remebered you saying that on twitter when I was doing them :P
      Next time I'll do them in more detail :D Thanks :)

      Delete
  6. Congrats on the 100 followers. I love the Mraz nails! And yeah, music and books are rocking my boat atm too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :D
      Oooh great minds think alike ;)

      Delete
  7. Congratulations on 100 follwers that's fab! Love all three manis and I also love The Hobbit, it's an awesome book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katie! I'm just about half way through now!

      Delete
  8. ! I love them all :-) The Hobbit is on my "to read" list. I'm re-reading all my J R Ward novels first hehe congrats on the 100 followers hun :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks so much Linzi! I know I have so many books to read too

      Delete
  9. I like the first manicure super fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. these are great, I love your hobbit nails!

    Someone gave me the hobbit when I was about 9 or so for christmas, but I have never finished it! I have no idea why..not that it isn't good or anything, I was being a kid i guess lol and then harry potter came along and the rest is history..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I still haven't read it all. The story is actually really well thought out but I am just not compelled to read it all in one go. Really weird.

      And thank you :)

      Delete
    2. I know what you mean, because since I've had it i think I've tried to read it a couple of times, and I don't remember where I get to, but something else grabs my attention and then suddenly five years have gone by so I have to restart it if I want to read it..

      Delete
  11. I am loving that first mani-even though I'm not a fan of his music!

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les