18 June 2012

car-rackle-crash

Hey all!

I really loved wearing Essence Sparkling Water lily but after a while I get kind of bored wearing the same polish. This trend has actually only started since I finished my exams because I have so much time now!!

I thought a bit of glitter would look nice with Sparkling water lily and I was so right!! I teamed it with Barry M Silver glitter which is "limited edition" but I've heard that they bring it out every so often so I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.
 It's supposed to be a holographic glitter but it really isn't that noticeable. You can only really see it in certain lights but it is still a really nice fairly packed glitter in a clear base. This is my first time really using it and I really like the combination. Definitely one to repeat around Christmas time.

It really sparkles in certain light which was a total surprise to me! This is two coats on top of 3 coats of Essence Sparkling water lily. That sounds like a loads but they are all thin layers.
 This is where is all went wrong. My thumb actually turned out the best so I just included that but the rest of the crackle on my fingers just did not look as pretty! I am fairly sure it's because I didn't wait for it to dry long enough. It actually sparkled so much even with the crackle so I am gutted the other nails didn't turn out as well.

The crackle is from Miss sporty and cost around €3.99 I think. It actually works amazingly well when I take the time to do it properly.



Needless to say I took it off again fairly rapid after the crackle disaster :P but it's good to experiment and find new combinations. Plus it means I have another untried to graduate into my tried section which was looking a little sparse until recently. I may have 2 little haul posts coming up.... Anyone care to guess what I bought?  :D

Cuti-CLUE-les



17 comments:

  1. hmmmmm....well my first guess is nail polish (am i right??) and I dono what my guesses are after that lol

    this combo makes your nails look like a snow globe, so it definitely would be perfect for a holiday mani! I rarely use crackles anymore, but I still love them...I just can't bring myself to wear a full mani of it anymore. When they came out it's all I wanted to do but now I like to do just a thumb or an accent nail

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg are you stalking me? :P

      Oh it really does!!! Awh damn I wish It was Christmas so I could paint on a little snowman :(

      Delete
    2. i'm stalkin your brain waves, it comes with the shared love of polish ha!

      who says it has to be christmas for you to do that lol

      Delete
  2. The Essence/Barry M combo looks really great, it makes me think about weddings and stuff :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This would be perfect for a wedding!

      Delete
  3. Oh the sparkling water Lilly and Barry m look beautiful together! Perfect for Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad I put them together! Definitely going back on in December :D

      Delete
  4. Aww, the Water Lily and Silver glitter look so cute together! Reminds me of a ballerina or something...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would make the perfect tutu :)

      Delete
  5. SO PRETTY! I love the sparkles definitely Christmas-esque!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) I'm glad I got the glitter. It was part of a deal if you bought 2 barry m items you got this free :)

      Delete
  6. The combination of the essence and barry M makes a beautiful colour!
    it reminds me of christmas :)
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fast becoming one of my favourite combinations :D

      Delete
  7. Dude I am not a fan of the crack!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :O Really? In fairness it turned out so badly I frickin' hated it! But I like the trend :P

      Delete
  8. Don't mind me, just catching up on posts. "This is where it all went wrong." You had me LOLing so hard. Your thumb does look great! So sad about the others I hate when that happens. Live and learn I guess. Just wish every mani was beautiful and breathtaking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's ok I'll just pop in my reply here ;)
      I know what you mean! I hate when it starts of so promising and then fails :(

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les