16 May 2012

Sugar..ohh honey honey

Hey all,

This song just makes me want to type and dance :P Sugar Sugar- The Archies.
Today I have swatches of one of the latest additions to my little stash, Essence Cotton candy!

 Cotton Candy is a sheer baby pink polish from the Nude Glam. Normally I tend to steer clear of sheer polishes. I don't like visible nail lines as they always make my hands look kind of dirty...Sounds weird but they just don't look right :P

I bought this on whim which is really out of character for me! I was browsing the stand and I got carried away and picked up all the polishes that were available from this collection. I loved how it looked in the bottle. I have to admit I got a bit of a shock when I swatched it first. On the left I only have one coat.

 Here I have 2 coats of cotton candy over one coat of stargazer 114 as my basecoat. I have to say I am really taken with this polish. after the initial feeling of "damn I knew I should have swatched everything before I ventured into the shop" I am really happy I mistakenly bought a sheer polish. This is perfect for days when I want to cover my nails but don't want something that's really overpowering.

 Essence cost €1.29 for a 5ml. I think these are perfect sizes because I hardly ever finish a full bottle. No matter how much I like a polish i need to change it around every week. I get bored of them really easily if I wear them for too long a time.
The polish looks kind of streaky on my middle finger. Purely due to me rushing it to catch the 5 minutes of sun we get weekly in Ireland so it wasn't exactly dry in time for the second coat :P
Oh and look how glossy it is! I don't have a topcoat on in any of these pictures. Love it!

Are ye fans of sheer polishes? I used this in a glitter sandwich tutorial for Alexis HERE and I must say it worked perfectly for it! I think I'll be using this polish quite a bit.

Cuti-CLUE-les






17 comments:

  1. Are those your real nails? How do they grow without peeling? Do you drink lots of milk?? Hehe!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha yep they are au natural :P Well I drink a lot of tea so that's milk and water all rolled into one "healthy" drink :P

      Delete
  2. I love this polish. I really want to try Essence at sometime they seem to be great for the price :-) I agree with the previous comment...you should really so a nail care post on how you keep your nails so lovely and long! haha xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've also given you a award on my blog hun!

      Delete
    2. I'll definitely do a little nail care post :P A lot of bloggers might disagreewith my methods though haha.
      Oh I'll check that out, Thank you!x

      Delete
  3. Pretty nude. Very soft. Great for work :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely good for work. Never even thought of that

      Delete
  4. I love that song! I actually sang the title of the post lol

    This is really pretty on you. I'm not a big fan of nude sheer polishes but I like this one

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I do the same everytime I come on :P

      Thanks Jen :)

      Delete
  5. I never buy sheer polishes, even though I think it looks pretty good on others - I just don't like it on my own nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean. I never thought they had a proper purpose :P

      Delete
  6. I am not a huge fan of sheer polishes. My nails are usually stained due to so much polish (even though I always use base coat), so sheer polishes don't help me out with hiding the stains. When my nails arn't stained too bad, I use sheer polishes as french bases.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I find bascoats don't prevent staining with a lot of polishes which is so annoying.
      I've never tried french tips but I will give it a go with this polish :)

      Delete
  7. I got burned out on sheers from wearing pretty much nothing but for the longest time but lately have been getting back into them--the lightness of them makes a nice change.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really does! I never wear them so it's a completely new experience for me.
      it's good you're getting back into them again :)

      Delete
  8. I was just about to say that this would be great for a jelly sandwich, when I saw that you already used it for that. Lol. Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it worked really well with it :P
      Thanks!

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les