15 May 2012

Rust-le me up a bargain!!!

Hey all,

So as I mentioned in a previous post, I just finished college for the year. For my last week I had a bit of trouble trying to decide on what nail polish to wear. In the end I decided that it was time to try Catrice Rusty but Sexy. In general orange would not be a colour that I would go for in a shop not because I don't like it but because it just doesn't stand out to me. After seeing swatches of this online I knew I had to get this.

Rusty but sexy does exactly what it says on the tin! It is the perfect rusty  colour! I did manage to get quite a few compliments on this polish which always makes you feel good : ) .

It was likened a lot to a burnt orange colour which is suppose it the "normal" name this polish would have if it was by any other brand. I do love the names Catrice come up with though. Although I do feel like an awful eejit sometimes when I have to explain that it's actually the name of the polish : P

This polish was an absolute dream to apply. One coat of stargazer base coat, 2 coats of rusty but sexy and a layer of essence quick dry topcoat. This polish dried so quickly! I painted my nails att around 8 or 9 and went to bed at 10 and I didn't experience any smudging of sheet marks. This polish was actually quite shiny without a topcoat but I always put one on to make sure it doesn't chip.



 I love how this polish looks both during the day and at night. It made my nails look so much  better than they normally look.
I've had this on for about 3 days now and I plan on taking it off tomorrow. Not because I'm bored, I just have a load of new polishes to play with that can't wait any longer : D

Tip-wear is only beginning to show on one finger at the moment (mainly my texting finger so that explain it )

 Like all other Catrice ultimate nail laquer polishes, Rusty but sexy comes in a 10ml bottle. As this is part of the old range the brush is the longer version. In fairness, both the new and old style brushes are easy to work with so I wouldn't worry about this  : ) This polish was €2.79 and it was so worth it.  This is part of Catrice's permanent line so ye should be able to pick it up fairly handy if ye have a store that sells Catrice.



This is my favourite picture. It really shows off the shimmer on the nail.








Just a close up bottle shot so ye can see how well the polish translates onto the nail.













That's all for today! Do any of ye have this polish? Maybe ye have a dupe of it? I would really highly recommend this polish. I'll definitely wear it again and I'm kicking myself for not buying it sooner!


Cuti-CLUE-les

10 comments:

  1. Ohhh my your nails are so long! Look good :D As for the polish its definitely a wowzers, looks really good and eye catching! So wonderful for the autumn/winter weather we have right now aahaha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I agree it was made for this weather :P ! I just cut them down so they are shortish now. Love having them long though.

      Delete
  2. I am so in love with this!!! THe color is incredible! Hooray for being done with college for the year! More time for nails ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly the first thought that came into my head :P
      I'm the same, I think they really outdid themselves with this polish.

      Delete
  3. Varying oranges are really starting to pop up more in my stash lol which is weird.

    I love how long your nails are!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have like 2 haha I really need to buy more so they don't get lonely :P
      Thank you!

      Delete
  4. I like it. Pretty shade. My favourite from catrice is dirty berry :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the swatches of Dirty berry but my one seems to be really dark :( Not really fond of it.

      Delete
  5. Oh now that is my kind of color! I love it! Looks so pretty too! Congrats on finishing college for the year! Enjoy your time off!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks fingers! Time off is going to spent with mountains of nail polish and acrylic paints ;)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les