18 May 2012

Jeff Dunham nail art

Hey all,

Image taken from Google Images
A very special post for ye today. This is my biggest nail art challenge to date and I am delighted with the outcome. About a week ago I mentioned that I was in Dublin for the day. This was actually to go to see Jeff Dunham live in The O2!!! I love him so much. He is just such a nice person and his act is amazing. We weren't allowed to take pictures which was so disappointing but I'm glad I have Jeff Dunham nail art as a reminder!





Will I just shut up and get on to the nail art?...Yes...ok then! This is my attempt to recreate these adorable little puppets!So I started off with 2 coats of No7 white. This was mainly to make the puppets *pop* on the nail. I think it worked out really well : )
Plus it was great for Achmed's little turban! It made hime far easier to paint in the long run.



And here is what I ended up with!



From left to right-thumb:peanut, index:Walter, Middle: Achmed the dead terrorist, Ring:Melvin the superhero and pinky: José Jalepeno on a stick. All of the puppets are done with Acrylic paint.
I wanted to show Achmed and Peanut's little hands so I have them looking over their boxes :) That's why they don't have mouths :P Only lips in peanuts' case.





Here are the close up shots. Melvin's nose was really hard to draw. I tried so many times to fix it but my paints just could not mix properly : P I'm happy out with the way it looks though and it is definitely not ass noticeable in person.







I debated showing ye my right hand mainly due to the breakage on my pinky finger but I think it's nice to show the full manicure.



I knew I couldn't paint both hands the same (I olnly finished the left hand the night before and I left early the next morning) so I thought it would be nice to do something special with my right hand too.

This is just 2 coats of Catrice I wear my sunglasses at night (over my stargazer base coat). "Jeff Dunham" is written in red acrylic paint. The "O2" and "2012" were done with my Kiss nail art paint in silver glitter (i don't think they have a name but that'll do). I loved how sparkly the glitter was and it only needed one coat!! The bottle shot makes it look darker than it is. Such a nice, dense glitter that is so easy to apply.

Any Jeff Dunham fans out there? Who's is your favourite puppet?
Theodora from redhairandblacknailpolish also posted Jeff Dunham inspired nail art so check out her blog!

Cuti-CLUE-les

15 comments:

  1. I think Jeff Dunham is really funny and I would love to watch him live some day. :) I think Achmet is my favourite, and he's also the one I've seen the most YouTubes of. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He is amazing live. So funny and a natural on stage!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much! In fairness it took me like 5 hours to do each nail :P

      Delete
  3. Oh my god.. this is amazing :-) I love Je.ff..ff Dun HAM! <<< can you tell that Peanut is my favourite?? You did Walter really well! He looks so grumpy lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha I was actually going to use that as he title!!
      Awh thank you :D It was nearly a self portrait at that stage I was so tired :P

      Delete
  4. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G! The eyes look sooo good on each character ... how many colors did you use? 50 ? Haha =)) Great, great work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you so much! I was nearly blinded trying to mix the colours. I really should have bought more but I only have the basic like black,white,yellow,red etc.

      Delete
    2. Well, even I mixed some of the colors, cause I don't have them all =))

      Delete
  5. Ahhhh weird I commented on these days ago.... But anyways! These are amazing looking girl! Such a great job and such advanced nail art!! Like wow so impressed! Cannot wait to see more from you :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh jeez stop haha took forever :P It was so worth it though! Thanks a million :D

      Delete
  6. You did such an awesome job on these! I've never been to see him, but his acts are hilarious

    btw love your new header!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just saw this now, this is amazing! I love Jeff Dunham! I keel you! Holy moly, you sure are one talented laydee! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thank you :D This is still one of my favourite manicures to date :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les