31 May 2012

Do you lilac it?

Hey all!

Hope your all doing well :) Today I have an untried polish for ye. This is Catrice Sing: Hey! dirty-lilah. This one never really caught my eye when I initially started hoarding  collecting Catrice nail polish. It wasn't until I was checking swatches for other polishes that it popped up on my radar.

When I cut my nails I always paint them just to make sure they are straight :P So the last night when I cut a fair bit off I grabbed a polish and threw it on :D I have to say I love this colour!  I have nothing like this in my little stash and to be honest it would be hard to accidentally buy a dupe of this.

I actually thought this was a grey polish in the bottle but it really does side towards lilac on the nail. In the bottle you can see a slight shimmer but that doesn't show too strongly on the nail which I really like. I love a good strong creme polish :D

I used three coats for these pictures but that was my fault. I rushed application and the first coat was still tacky when I moved on to the second which caused dragging to occur on some nails. I'm delighted I put this on when we had some sun in Ireland as it really looks amazing. A great polish for all seasons in my books. And for €2.79 you can't go wrong.

 Are ye fans of this polish? Would you call it a grurple (grey/purple) or grilac (grey/lilac) ?

Cuti-CLUE-les


22 comments:

  1. O.o I really like this color, but that's probably because grey shades fascinate me, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I like both of those names, but I have to say grurple is the funniest. I think I would label this grilac though. definitely pretty whatever you decide to call it lol

    You cut your nails!!!!! well they still look awesome, and are the perfect length in my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to find a grurple polish to join this grilac now :D

      I know I cut loads off :P awh thanks you :D

      Delete
  3. I think I'd call it a grilac :D Catrice is such a great brand! I'd do a happy dance if they ever decided to start retailing in Denmark :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope they do. We still don't get half of their collections but Denmark is way bigger so ye would definitely get them all :P

      Delete
  4. I'd be stoked if Catrice came stateside! My mama recently brought me back one she got in Haarlem; I'm wearing it now, and I love it :) Hey! Dirty-lilah looks so pretty on you (and it has a fun name :D).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must be so excited to get one!
      Thank you! I do love this polish. I think their song titled polishes are brilliant :D

      Delete
  5. The Catrice nail polishes are so nice. I don't have this colour but looks beautiful on your nails.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't see the lilac-ness, but I still like it. Smoooth. Also I din't even notice you had cut them hehe! They are still super long :) Mine are probs the longest they've ever been right now! How do you type?? I'm finding it a bit of a challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see what you mean it is a very subtle lilac. More noticeable in real life I think.
      haha I never really have a problem with typing! My laptop keys are really flat though so it's easy enough :)

      Delete
  7. I love this colour, its so subtle! perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like it! You are totally right it is perfect for summer.

      Delete
  8. I like it, it's a very chic colour. But I probably wouldn't call it lilac/purple, grurple or just plain grey would probably be more fitting. Nonetheless, it's a cute colour on you, and I really like the new length of your nails :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly it definitely isn't just a lilac!

      Awh thank you so much :) I'm loving them at the moment. I don't use half as much nail polish to paint them haha

      Delete
  9. Very nice shade, don't think I've seen one like it before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't either Missy. It's probably one of the more unique shades that catrice have come out with.

      Delete
  10. Gorgeous! I've got this one on my wishlist. I think it's grilac. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely :P This would look amazing on your nails too :)

      Delete
  11. It seems to be a grey with lilac tones :-) very pretty! Wish we had Catrice here! Have heard great things about them :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a really great brand and so affordable

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les