27 May 2012

Day 6 in the summer challenge house

Hey all,

Ah i messed up :( The challenge was actually Summer SUNRISE and I had surprise written down. sorry about that everyone! My next mani actually makes up for it which is a total coincidence but still very annoyed that I got so excited about this and did got it wrong anyway...

Challenge 6: Summer Surprise


Image from dan-dare.org
So I was initially going to go for Nails inc Victoria as my summer surprise. This is a vampy red polish that would definitely surprise people when worn during the summer. After challenge 5 I really did not want to remove Catrice Acid/dc and this is where my new friend comes in to play:


Incase you haven't seen the movie, this is the little Alien from the Toy Story movies! As acid/dc is really suited to Aliens I did a quick google search and this guy popped up and I was so annoyed that I didn't think of him before.

So if that wasn't enough of a Surprise I did a little sleuth work and discovered that Toy Story 3 was released in Ireland on July 16th 2010 so it really was a Summer Surprise.
 So the entire accent nail is done using acrylic paint. I used the same colours on the black background of the accent nail to bring the mani together.

Then I noticed the other nails were looking left out...
 The little alien has a purple colour that is more noticeable in real life. I thought purple tips would go nicely so I free-handed them on just using the edge of the brush. I used Catrice Plum Play with me for the purple.

I really like the comination of the blue and purple on his (I have determined that they are all boys :P ) jumpsuit so off I went to find a polish that looked similar to the acrylic paint.

 I think Catrice Blue Cara ciao is almost identical to the acrylic blue. My lines aren't perfect but I just got my order of striping tape from Hong Kong so that should sort the problem in the future.

I added on a layer of Essence Quick Dry topcoat and that's all there is to it :D







Cuti-CLUE-les


15 comments:

  1. OMG lol and lol again. Yes I am surprised, especially as the challenge is SUNRISE !! lol, love you LOTS xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg :( yeh I'm actually gutted! I'm so sorry!

      Delete
    2. lol, don't be gutted! it's still awesome xx

      Delete
  2. This is amazing! I love it. It's cute and detailed :-) great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. omg! I hope you're not still self-conscious!

    this is so awesome, I really loved Toy Story as a kid. I finally watched the third one about a month ago, and it's really hard not to love it even as an adult. Those movies are still just as funny.

    You did such a wonderful job on this little guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha thank you :D I only got the chance to see half of the second one a few weeks back but I'm am definitely going to watch the whole thing again :)

      Delete
  4. Very surprised indeed! :D
    He is soooo cute! Perfect for a summer surprise. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd be happier if I actually got the challenge right :P
      but thanks :D

      Delete
  5. This turned out fantasticly anyway! It might not be 'summer sunrise' but who cares? This mani is friggin awesome! I love the detail you've gone in to, it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I nearly died though, Felt like an awful eejit :P
      Thanks though! It was so much fun to do :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les