26 May 2012

Day 5 in the Summer challenge house

Hey all!

Today is the fifth day of the challenge and I have to say I am really loving it so far.

Challenge : Your Favourite Summer colour

I don't really have one favourite colour just for summer (although I do love me  a good coral!) so I decided to go with an untried polish for today's challenge.

Catrice Acid/dc is exactly what you would expect! A gorgeous acid/lime green polish. This was recently released in Ireland with a whole load of other polishes with band names like Salmon and Garfunkel (A peach polish), Red said Fred (an orange/red polish) etc... I picked up quite a few of these polishes so I will post them as soon as  I wear them :P

i love bright colours in the Summer so I knew I would have to have this polish. I love green nail polishes but generally go for darker greens.
 Acid/dc is a shimmery polish although this is far more evident in the first coat than it is in the second. I think this is perfect for this polish. Too much shimmer but be a tad overbearing considering the neon-esque look of this polish.
Each picture has a layer of Stargazer 114 basecoat followed by two coats of Catrice Acid/dc. The formula on this is smooth and even. The polish itself is easy to control and the brush makes getting the curve around your cuticles easy to achieve.
 I really like this polish. I like how amazing the formula on Catrice polishes is. The colour of the polish is right up my street. Eye-catching and bright but not overly neon. It looks really pretty indoors at night. The colour shifts towards a pale yellow! It's really beautiful.

Catrice did really well with this colour. It's super glossy on its own and lasted 4 days without tip-wear or a topcoat.

I am really excited about Challenge day 6 and have a pretty cute plan for my nails that day :) Hopefully it will work out :P

What is your favourite Summer colour? Also major thanks to all the lovely followers that took the time to comment yesterday. It really made my day and I want ye all to know it really was and still is much appreciated :)


Cuti-CLUE-les

8 comments:

  1. Lovely and Unique! Amazing names too :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is! I bought most of them just for the name tbh ;)

      Delete
  2. i love all the musical references for the polishes (and your blog titles!)

    this is a really pretty green!

    my post didn't publish yesterday morning like I wanted it to, I feel like my blogger just doesn't want to do the whole scheduled thing..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thank you!

      This polish looks beautiful in the sun too :)

      Blogger has such temperament problems! You really have to double check the date and times,click done and then publish. A load of people are having problems with it though.

      Delete
  3. That looks fantastic on you!
    Catrice makes great polishes, I really like them! I try and stock up when I'm on vacation in countries that sell them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)

      I love them and you are so right to stock up on them. They are so reliable.

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty color. I don't wear green very often but I really like this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is such a pretty green. especially in the sun :)

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les