19 May 2012

Day 1 in the Summer challenge house

Hey all!

Today is the start of my first ever challenge! I joined "The Purple Crumpet Fairy Summer Challenge" ages ago and then promptly decided it was too much for me. But then I made a list of each challenge and drew up a load of ideas of what I could do for each and it made it a lot easier to take on :)

Challenge number one: Olympic Torch Starts it's journey

Now I am not a fan of the Olympics but I said I'd give it a go :P I used the torch itself as inspiration and I have the perfect gold to compliment it.
 Catrice Goldfinger is such an amazing polish. This is my first time wearing it and let me tell you this bottle will not last long :P
This is from Catrice's discontinued line and I really don't see why they stopped making this one.
I originally bought this as a replacement for Essence (32) Goldrush which is also discontinued : / I always come late to the party : (  I prefer this to gold rush. It is more like a foil and it looks stunning in the sun.







This polish has a foil like finish. In the pictures I have one layer of Stargazer 114 basecoat and 2 coats of Catrice Goldfinger. The polish was actually quite easy to apply with barely any clean up needed afterwards.

Gold polishes were never really my thing. They used to be so tacky looking and were always made to be over the top and slightly garish. I'm really glad they made a more sophisticated gold that you can wear both day and night.



 Catrice retail for €2.79 but because this was being discontinued I got it for €1.50.
The brush is the "old" version which is slightly longer but it is a synch to apply and if you can find it you won't have any problems with application.

Catrice polishes dry amazingly quickly so you can throw on two coats and be ready to go in no time!
What do ye think of the challenge? Are ye fans of gold polish?


Cuti-CLUE-les

17 comments:

  1. Love love love this gold. I am in love with gold polishes! I think gold is an underrated color! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! no one seems to bother with it anymore unless they are going on the tear or something.

      Delete
  2. This looks fantastic=] Looks quite similar to Color Club's Disco Nap from their foil collection. I am almost completely unprepared for this challenge lol I'm gonna wing it the whole way I think.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :D
      haha keep it simple until you get in to it :)

      Delete
  3. I'm not fan of gold polishes on me, but that doesn't mean that I can't enjoy it on others. :)
    I considered to join this challenge, but it's too big for me. There's no way that I'm creative enough to keep up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. awh I'm sure you would have managed some amazing mani's!But I agree it is really big

      Delete
  4. I love this polish!! I'm so glad I finally found a gorgeous gold polish :) Can't wait to see all the things you'll come up with in this challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhhh I love this gold! I have Sally Hansen xtreme wear - Golden-I and it's pretty but the tipwear is ridiculous. I like your new blog template! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. tipwear with catrice is amazing. one of the reasons I love the brand so much.

      Thanks :D thought it would be nice to have a fresh and bright background for the summer :)

      Delete
    2. You probably couldn't even tell who this was haha my account wasn't logged in or something weird. Hmmm, I don't know if they sell catrice polishes here.

      I like it! I know, I've changed my template about a gazillion times! Ha :)

      Delete
  6. Do you wear gel nails or are those your real nails?

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's a great shade of gold - you're right though, there are a fair few tacky ones out there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad this one is more subtle. You always have to be wary though :P

      Delete
  8. Yeahhh CCL (I hope you don't mind I'm shortening your name hehe. As I've mentioned, I find it hard to get the exact spelling and capitalisations correct!!) I am totally loving this on you! Not streaky at all like the Barry M gold. Although I reckon it would look good in a combo with a black or a green? Also can I just say that I like the new (I think it's new no?) header photo :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I don't mind at all :)
      I was actually going to buy the Barry m gold foil one before I found this but I read mixed reviews on it. Oh black and green would both look amazing!
      Awh thanks so much :D I thought a new header would be fun to add on :) Delighted you noticed

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les