25 April 2012

"You won't be seventeen forever....

..and we can get away with this tonight" Metro station-17 forever lyrics (I love this song. It's definitely a guilty pleasure)

Evening all,

17 forever bottle
For once I am actually posting at a reasonable hour ha! Today I have one of my very first polishes that I fell head over heels for. This is also the first time that I took a picture of my nails to share online!!! Hence the short nails. I was actually so excited with the length of my nails. This was the longest I had ever had them.Crazy right?
Here is the brand 17 which belongs to the Boots range, the polish itself is called Forever. They have such nice colours but I think they are far too expensive for an own brand nail varnish. 
Here is the bottle. It's simple but I love the writing on it. The brushes are grand! They are wide enough to cover the nail but not so wide that your pinky finger is slathered is polish. The bristles are quite sturdy making the polish easier to control.
The polish in the bottle is quite accurate in representing the colour that you end up with on the nail.
The bottles seem quite small but a little goes a long way! Each bottle holds 8ml of varnish.


I thought I had major photography skills haha
Forever is a gorgeous nude creme. In each picture I have on 1 coat of stargazer basecoat, 2 coats of 17 forever and 1 coat of miss sporty top coat. On shorter nails you can get away with 2 coats. On my nails now I would probably need 3 to cover nail lines. I don't mind that too much though because I really like the colour. I am on the lookout for a similar colour that is more opaque though.
Indoor shot in unnatural light

I love the way the polish looked with my skin tone. It applied so well.
The major downfall, for someone who doesn't own quick drying topcoats,is the drying time. It takes a fair while to dry. Now I don't mean hours but compared to Catrice and even Barry m, this polish is just not on the same level in terms of speed in drying.
It does dry evenly though. It didn't bubble when applied and I wore this for a week without chipping (I'm surprised I can remember that fact but anything useful for exams just floats straight out of my head haha)


These were taken waaaayyyyy before I even knew normal people like myself could actual start up their own nail polish blog. I had never heard of cuticle's (which explains my blog name in a way :P ) and the thought of buying cream designed to moisturize them wasn't even going to appear on my radar for another few months.

Taken in natural light
This picture really doesn't do the varnish any justice. I think the pictures taken indoors in unnatural light actually show the quality of the polish better.I only have 2 varnishes by the brand 17 in my colletion. My main reasoning for this is the price. Each bottle costs around €4.50 each. I could only justify spending this much on a polish with kind of crap drying time after seeing the swatches online. Beautiful! The other polish I have is called Sweet kisses. It's a lovely baby pink creme.

Overall, I am delighted that I bought this polish. It's pretty much what started off my obsession with doing my nails. I think this was taken in September of last year on my first day back to college.

What do ye all think? I know a lot of ye don't have access to this brand. I think it is only available in Ireland and the UK. If ye had the chance would ye buy it? Do ye have any suggestions for a nice nude polish?
That's all for today! Hope ye all enjoyed this post. Thank you all for following. I am almost up to 40 followers and I can't believe it. I'm so happy that so many people had decided to follow my little blog. I work really hard and try to make these posts as detailed as possible. Your comments have all been so nice and I really appreciate it.

Cuti-CLUE-les

24 comments:

  1. That's a lush colour, I love to wear a nude polish sometimes :-) I might have to pick this one up!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this polish. Barry m have a new nude polish coming out but It looks like a watered down peach melba in the preview.

      Delete
  2. I'm not too big on nudes, but this one looks very nice on you!!
    And I hear ya, it's so much easier to memorize a song after hearing it twice than material for an exam after reading it 20 times!! ugh!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I haven't worn it for a while so I don't know how it would suit the length of my nails now but I still love the colour.

      Delete
  3. I totally love nudes. It's like, so satisfying to find one that matches your skin. It becomes so cool and personal. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so good when you find the perfect nude! I find it really hard to match my skin tone for some reason.

      Delete
  4. I love love love this nude!!! It does look great with your skin. Not sure it would look good with my olive skin tone.
    I am so happy you're up to 40 followers!!! Congrats!! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I am so happy about it!
      It's really hard to tell what skin tones this would suit.

      Delete
  5. Hmm not worn a nude colour in a while now...you've inspired me to go dig one out. Wish we had access to Boots polishes. I still have a couple of Boots eye shadows from when I live in the UK for a few years in the mid 90s and they're still fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh that's so nice thank you!
      Boots can be really hit and miss with their polishes. The 17 brand is great but their No7 polishes are so bad it's not even funny!
      You can find some of the 17 polishes on ebay but they charge way to much for them.

      Delete
  6. I really like this colour! I'm following you:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwh thank you! You're my 40 follower! You just made my day :)

      Delete
  7. This is a really lovely nude shade. I really like it! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is one of the nicest polishes boots have come out with so far.
      Glad so many people like it :)

      Delete
  8. oh my I LOVE nudes and this one looks gorgeous on you! not to mention you have lovely nails, wow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I love them short and long. Longer nails are just handier for nail art :)
      Nudes are one of my favourites. They are just so handy to have.

      Delete
  9. Very pretty! I seriously need to expand the nude part of my collection. I have a few that are all basically the same shade of french to slightly pinker pink, and i really think something more beige or taupe would be nice against my skin tone, what is my problem?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's a learning curve trust me : P I would never ever buy pink or bright colours in case that drew attention to me! once you buy even one colour that you would never usually go for then you'll be away with it and you'll never look back : D

      Delete
  10. It's a beautiful color that looks really nice on you, I would def buy it, if they sold it where I live.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you : ) It is a nice colour. It's such a shame that boots aren't set up worldwide yet.

      Delete
  11. Replies
    1. I'm debating whether I should buy a back up now :P

      Delete
  12. I love this, keep meaning to buy it! I have Sweet Kisses too, such a lovely colour xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love swatches of sweet kisses but I haven't gotten around to wearing the full manicure yet.

      Delete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les