20 April 2012

Great flapping flamingo batman!!

Hey all,

Another late post (or is it early for ye? I have no idea what the time differences are like. It's 01:07 in the morning here in Ireland. Let me know what time it is where ye are living and we will solve this puzzle as a nail polish time fighting team :P ).
Today I have my all time favourite polish! This may be the only proper creme pink I will ever own. I am not a fan of pink normally. I have a couple pink polishes but none are like this. I bought this on some what of a whim. I tried to swatch it online but there was very few accurate images around. They were all of totally different polishes. So I caved and I bought it.
Barry M pink flamingo
This little beauty is Barry M Pink Flamingo. It is a beautiful pink creme. It's not a neon pink but it is just as eye-catching. I love how smoothly this polish applied. The finish is perfect. No streaking or bubbling (A huge plus for me).
I had 2 coats of this for full opacity. Like most polishes you could get away with one coat if you have shorter nails.
I wore this manicure for a full week without any chips and only slight tip wear.The brushes on barry m nail products are quite long but they are surprisingly easy to handle. I only have a tiny bit of clean up to do (usually on my right hand. That's why it will never appear here :P )






The bottom label
The one problem I have with Barry M polishes in general is this
<--------
I really like the name of the polish to be on the label of the bottle. Having it on the bottom is so irritating. Especially if you just want a quick glance for a polish in the shop. It drives me mad trying to pick them up and put them down until I find the right one. It just so happens that every time I kneel down to have a little look at the pretty polish some crazy bag lady happens to walk behind me and thumps me with her bag!!! Seriously how can they not feel it or even hear the thump. I wish they would put polish at eye level instead on the lower stands.
Here I have one base coat of stargazer, 2 coats of Barry M pink flamingo and one layer of top coat by the brand Miss Sporty.This dried quite quickly so no fear of ruining your nails after painting them.


Indoors

In natural sunlight
I am sorry about the picture! Blogger seems to turn every third picture around. *sigh*
At least ye can see how lovely this polish is in natural light. I have worn this polish twice and both times it turned out perfectly. This is definitely down to the polish and not the painter haha.
I will be truthful (like always) and say that I am a bit picky with polish (you'll all wholeheartedly agree by the time I post a few more polishes...maybe you agree now I have no idea). I would have left this polish in boots just because it is pink. I am so glad I didn't because it is the one polish I reach for every time I go to paint my nails. If my untried section was smaller you would see this polish A LOT more :P but thankfully for you I am trying to get my untried's through their exams in polish college and allow them to graduate as official tried polishes!

So tell me girls and gails (Guy nail polish addicts) do you like this polish? Do any of you actually have it? I've seen a few bloggers with this polish in their stash but very few have actually swatched it. This polish was €4.57 in boots for a 10ml bottle.

Cuti-CLUE-les

20 comments:

  1. If you save your images as PNGs by opening them in Paint and clicking Save As>PNG, they'll face the right way :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are a star! I'll have to remember this. It is not fun playing with pictures so late at night :P

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I love this colour! :) Love your post name too!

    Linzi xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks! I think I spent half of the time writing the post trying to think of a fun name :P

      Delete
  3. Such a pretty colour, I wish barry m was available where I live. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can get them on ebay but I don't know how much it would cost to ship them. They are worth it though :)

      Delete
  4. I do have this in my stash--thanks to a lovely swap partner in the UK.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! It's such a lovely polish and the brand is so reliable.

      Delete
  5. It's such a beautiful color.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so lovely!! It looks fantastic on you! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!!! I'll have to wear it more often now haha

      Delete
  7. Love this color! Looks really pretty with your skin tone too. How do you keep your nails from breaking at that length?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The nails on my right hand are so bad at breaking! I'm just careful when I open tins and doors and things like that. They do break from time to time though.
      and thanks!

      Delete
  8. I love Pink Flamingo, it's my most used polish I think! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great! I think you are one of the first bloggers I have spoken to that actually used the polish.I love it!

      Delete
  9. Wow, I love it! I have a lot of pinks but none like this one

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les