10 April 2012

Essence- Choose me!

Hey all,

You have all probably seen this polish by now but I'll introduce it anyway. This is Choose me! by the brand Essence. This was fairly huge when it first came out due to the sheer beauty of the glitter and gorgeous sea blue colour of it. This kind of reminds me of the sea on a really nice, sunny day when the water glitters in the sun.
Essence Choose me!
The colour changes in all lights so I tried to capture the gold tones that show up ,especially in the sun.

As you can see the glitter in the polish is beautiful and really sparkles in the light.

I used a base colour for this polish as it is quite sheer on its own. If you have shorter nails then you could get away with this polish on its own but you would need 3 coats to make it opaque and to prevent visible nail line. I used a sheer lime green base coat from the brand Stargazer but next time I would use a creme varnish like Catrice Blue cara ciao

In these pictures I have 1 basecoat , 1 coat of stargazer lime green ,2 coats of Essence Choose me! and 1 coat of essence quick dry top coat.




Gold tones (that were a nightmare to capture haha)
 Essence choose me! cost €1.29 for a 5ml bottle. I wore this manicure for a week without chips. I did experience slight tip-ware by the middle of the week but i think that was mainly due to constant typing.
I would really recommend this polish because it is lovely especially for summer due to the glitter and combination of colours that are found in the polish.

Although the bottle is TINY a little really does go a long way. I've had this polish for ages now and i still have more than 3/4 of the bottle left. Great considering that my nails are long. Drying time for this polish is quite quick, as with most of the Essence polishes. This means you can easily paint on 3 coats and have them  dry fairly quickly without worrying about sheet marks or smudges.




Taken inside
Taken in the light to show the glitter
What do you think? Do any of ye have this polish? I did regret buying this polish when i first got it. I was in awe of online swatches that were taken in light boxes that sometimes create beautiful images of polish don't get me wrong, but they didn't really show the normal colour you would see during the day. I wore it for the first time in ages the lasted and I fell back in love with it.

That's all for now!

Cuti-CLUE-les

14 comments:

  1. I love this color! I can't get Essence polishes around where I live, but I do have a polish similar to this which is by Wet n Wild and it's called Teal of Fortune.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would seriously buy that just for the name! haha I love it!
      Awh I can't get wet and wild polish here but that colour is the spit of Essence choose me! so at least you aren't missing out :)

      Delete
  2. I love this color too! I bought me a back-up bottle, because my first one is almost empty :D You have such beautiful nails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I made the mistake of trying to shape them last night. Look closer to freddy krueger now than anything else :P
      It is a beautiful polish. The brand is just amazing for quality.

      Delete
  3. I have this & love it! Essence is such a great brand. Your nails are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thanks! I think essence are amazing. They have such a great range of colours and they are so cheap.

      Delete
  4. Very pretty color! I have enough trouble not buying up tons of polish when I'm out shopping, so if I saw one called 'Choose Me' I would buy it no matter the color lol! Great posts so far, I know I will be checking back often. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think essence know how to work the polish addicts perfectly haha. They have the psychology down to a tee :P
      Awh thanks so much. I love finding others with similar tastes :)

      Delete
  5. Oooooo lovely, looks like Zoya Charla or OPI Catch me in Your Net.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Zoya Charla is one I always hear mentioned with this polish. I don't have either of the ones you mentioned but google told me they look really similar :P

      Delete
  6. Looks fantastic on you. Beautiful nails too:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. New follower :)
    Great blog! Love this & your nails are gorg!
    <3 xx

    ReplyDelete

Please be polite and email me with your blog links if you want me to check them out.,do not post your blog site in your comment. Thanks!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Disqus for Cuti-CLUE-les